Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 15th Anniversary banner details

You could make a couple backgrounds based off different primary colours.
    and swap them to match whichever banner is in use at the time.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The orange strips were part of the attempt to better integrate it with the underlying design. Since the banner floats over the background image you never know what part of it's over so I tried to use a tone that was about midway.

The border of the image was also drawn thin and in grey to match the gridlines, but it's not possible to quite line up the requested dimensions with the underlying pattern. Perhaps a bolder border might have worked better?

I didn't find it jarring at all though. I suppose I've gotten used to banners being not directly colour related to the background.

I think having a primary white or black in the banner helps it match with pretty much anything.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Conceptually yes the grid-like background and the g1 toys go together, but artistically the two seem separated. The banner doesn't blend into the background or vice versa...
    Oh, I wasn't looking too deeply into it jus sayin i like g1 is all But i'm hearing what you're saying. Maybe if the background was more of a cooler colour might help or the white ground was a little less.... white, It kinda reminds me of looking into a window , with the orange strips linking the left and right side of the background like part of a structure or a beam holding them back. I think it would be cool if the shot was more at ground level or a front-on perspective, like they were heading towards us and we could see shockwave's face..

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The orange strips were part of the attempt to better integrate it with the underlying design. Since the banner floats over the background image you never know what part of it's over so I tried to use a tone that was about midway.

The border of the image was also drawn thin and in grey to match the gridlines, but it's not possible to quite line up the requested dimensions with the underlying pattern. Perhaps a bolder border might have worked better?
    You could always play around with the border anyway. Maybe make the border the same size and colour as the orange strips.
    I didn't realize just how bright the colours of some of those g'1 were.
    I'd like to see it in black and white or closer to it too. (maybe with glowing eyes or a glowing background so we just get there silhouette as they're walking away from an explosion.......or something to that effect
    What is that effect btw?
    I certainly couldn't do any better.

What if you had the banner go across the entire top of the page ?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimulArchangel View Post
    What if you had the banner go across the entire top of the page ?
    that could help with some of the contrast issues and if not might just be good for a change
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Not everyone has the same screen size or resolution settings, so having a bigger banner that fits the entire screen for one person, may still leave big gaps on the side for others... or mess up those who use smaller devices even more.
    An average sized one suites most people, without taking up too much space for those using smaller devices or screens/resolution settings.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Not everyone has the same screen size or resolution settings, so having a bigger banner that fits the entire screen for one person, may still leave big gaps on the side for others... or mess up those who use smaller devices even more.
    An average sized one suites most people, without taking up too much space for those using smaller devices or screens/resolution settings.
    ahhh yes that makes sense :P I must admit i forgot about that (obviously...)
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

how about a unicron trilogy banner?
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Got bored with HTML / CSS crap at work and decided to take a quite break and came up with this:

Banner available for download here: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...CA_Banner7.jpg

I think we can move on from catering for 800x600 pixels screen size to a 1024x748 screen size now; thus the length of the banner.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!