Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: NEW: Skeleton Warriors "Glyos Compatible" Action Figures - Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
    $15 each, I was hoping to mass build these but not at that price! Maybe just a few.
    Well, they were limited to 2x per person and they've all sold out now - Bloody hell those didn't last long! They intend on producing more at some point though, apparently, probably around the next Kickstarter I imagine.

$5 on top of the regular $10 asking price isn't too much, I think; what does suck is the crappy value of the Aussie Dollar.

Baron Darks, Bone & Glow in The Dark Titans left, along with Zippier-Pulls and Metal Weapon Packs are still available though.

Man time just keeps kicking along doesn't it?

I've not heard any word as to what's happening with the next Kickstarter yet, given that August is almost over, I assume there must be something that's pushed the touted "Late July/Early August" dates back - Just have to keep waiting I guess.

Whilst we're all having to wait, here's a couple of photos I took last weekend in trying to organise a new photography setup (and shooting some recently acquired TFs ):

The 1st is the "Deluxe" Limited Release - "Pit Lurker" Titan Skeleton by Onell Design, as part of their 8th Anniversary celebration of the Glyos Joint System and Toys, accompanied by an awesome little Glyos figure called a Crayboth!

I actually really dig the little Crayboth, it feels incredibly Lovecraftian to me (Something out of The Whisperer in Darkness perhaps? ) so naturally I want more of them , but this Pit Lurker chap derives his name and colour scheme from a Dungeons & Dragons-esque theme.

This limited Titan Skeleton shares the "Deluxe"-treatment, in that he has a White paint wash (Which was actually kinda sticky when it arrived and I'm sure some of it has come off ) over Dark Turquoise bones, appearing as if he's been laying in-wait within the bowels of some long forgotten keep.

But amidst all this hooha over Skeletons with additional paint apps, the poor old "Bare Bones" Bone Titan Skeleton has been kind of forgotten about - well, to me, he'll always be a winner!

💀 MAJOR UPDATE! 💀

The next Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter Campaign by October Toys for the follow-up 2nd figure in their 20th Anniversary (Glyos-compatible) line, Begins the 1st Week of SEPTEMBER 2015 (Next Week)!

Woohoo! - It's almost here, HE'S almost here...

...and will be the 1st to take on Baron Dark and his Skeleton Warriors!

Cool, hope the KS exclusive figure will be translucent again!

Cool, hope the KS exclusive figure will be translucent again!
    I've a sneaking suspicion that it may just be dude, something honouring Grimskull's past...

Grimskull is up! Got the early bird Grimskull +exclusive Grimskull + exclusive Titian skeleton!

"Woo-hoo!

You are now an official backer of Skeleton Warriors Grimskull Action Figure. "

Grimskull is up! Got the early bird Grimskull +exclusive Grimskull + exclusive Titian skeleton!

"Woo-hoo!

You are now an official backer of Skeleton Warriors Grimskull Action Figure. "
    Congratulations dude!

I had to head up to Sydney on some errands on Friday and didn't get to see that the Kickstarter page had gone Live... So missed out on the Pledge Level I wanted to go for, which was the $175USD tier.

So I've gone in on the $55 Pledge Level with enough additional funds that'll allow me to get extras of everything that is available as an "Addon".

Righto guys,

As you can probably tell, the Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter Campaign for the 2nd entry into the October Toys: 20th Anniversary (Glyos-compatible) line of Action Figures, none other than Prince Joshua "Grimskull" Steele! 💀, has officially commenced!

Here's an info-graphic I put together that (Hopefully) conveys all the basic necessary info about the figure, if you'd like? - Please feel free to use said image via any means you wish in order to help get the word out about the project.

So here is Grimskull, in all his glory; in this picture you can see everything you'll get with the figure via a basic Reward level:

...now, Grimskull you'll notice is somewhat shorter than Baron Dark and the Titans Skeletons and that is because THEY are meant to be the biggest of the bad guys.

Although he may be shorter, these figures are ALL in-scale with each other and once again, the Glyos Joint System is at the heart of Grimskull which will allow one to pull him apart and be used with other Glyos-compatible toys!

The first Stretch Goal is at the $54,000 mark and will be Grimskull's faithful companion, the Wolf known as Stalker!

...this will mark the first time ever in the history of the Skeleton Warriors brand that Stalker with have a toy made of him! But do you want to know something that is really friggin' cool about this pairing of toys?

That's right! - Friggin' "Glow in The Dark" Eyes!

It hadn't occurred to me just how cool of a gimmick that would be, let alone how utterly fitting of the character/s it is.
    (Well, I think it's cool as hell anyway... )

Just like the previous Baron Dark Kickstarter and available from the outset, Grimskull's campaign will also offer an Exclusive Variant; this transparent black: "Shadow" version of Grimskull and Stalker derive the name from a name that was going to be used for Grimskull earlier in the Skeleton Warriors brand's development.

Lastly, here's the "Addons" breakdown for Grimskull's Kickstarter:

Couple of things for people to remember with Kickstarter:
    • Payment Is Not Required Until The End of The Backing Period.
    • Payment will ONLY be taken if the project successfully meets its Funding Goal.
    • The Costs listed will almost always be in US Dollars unless otherwise stated.
    • Pay close attention to the pricing; There is often a seperate Domestic/Us Price and International Price (Namely regarding postage/shipping fees).
    • You can adjust the amount of money you're willing to pledge at any time.
    • You can only select 1 Reward Level, but you can change it at any time during the Backing Period.
    • If there is additional Figures or "Addons" you'd like, pay close attention to the prices detailed in the "Addons" list - You then add the required amount for that particular figure/addon to your existing Pledge amount.
    • Keep checking the Kickstarter page regularly for updates.
    • Remember that a Kickstarter Project needs the support of you & others to succeed, not only financially but by spreading awareness, so spread the word by any & every means available to you.

So there you have it, there's the gist of October Toy's latest Kickstarter - Get in and give it a hand eh? even if you aren't looking to back it yourself, maybe let someone you know who might be interested or just post about it on Facebook or whatever as I know George, Ayleen, Owen & Michael (Not to mention myself and other fans! ) would certainly appreciate it.

...but wait!

There IS one other Stretch Goal presently shown on the Kickstarter page, what could it be? - I'll give you a hint: It is the linchpin that holds the whole Skeleton Warriors universe together...

With that:

JUST 3 DAYS LEFT!

Grimskull's Kickstarter campaign is presently at $24,596 of the $50,000 total required for this awesome figure to see production - Your help is needed!

Here's an update on what has transpired since the campaign kicked off.

In the last 24hrs we've had some superb and exciting news! - Grimskull's Wolf companion, Stalker, will be included with each & every Grimskull figure AND "Shadow" Grimskull figure; no longer will he need to be unlocked as a stretch goal, he's been shifted to regular inclusion just like the Cape, Staff, Blaster and Alternate Chest Skull.

...also as part of Update #6, George & Ayleen have supplied a video in which they further discuss some of the "Behind The Scenes" processes that have gone into the design and concept of their take on Grimskull.

The video features the original Shadow(? ) and Baron Dark Maquettes, on loan from the guys at the Goddard Group, used to pitch the Skeleton Warriors IP to CBS and other Licensors ALL the way back in 1993/94! - George & Ayleen explain their use, how they impacted their own figure's development, as well as some interesting little facts that pertain to the 90s Playmates Toys line.

Another really awesome surprise today was the release of PixelDAN's exclusive first look at October Toys' Grimskull Figure Prototype!

In this great look at the Paint-Master Prototype, Dan shows off a comparison between Grimskull and his original Playmates Toys' self, October Toys' own Baron Dark figure, as well as the various accessories that will come with this wanderer of shadows.
    (*Please NOTE: At the time the video was shot, Stalker was still a Stretch Goal, this is obviously no longer the case as mentioned above )

Update #5 took a focus on the customisability of the 20th Anniversary: Skeleton Warriors line by October Toys as well as the versatility of the Glyos Joint System in which they employ.

Here's just 3 photos fans from around the world/web shared - Make sure to checkout the Update Page on the Kickstarter to see how incredibly creative some people are!

Update #4 Went into detail about how October Toys sourced many references for Grimskull's look, but that the issue of how the Skull Emblem on his chest was depicted persisted in splitting their opinions in just HOW the final one should look.

In the end they decided that BOTH versions should be included, so that fans could choose exactly which iteration they'd prefer to display Grimskull with; the "Bone Daggers" jammed up through the eye sockets (LEFT) as depicted in his original concept art and toy, along with the Sharp Triangles with Fangs (RIGHT) which is how it was depicted in the cartoon.

Not only does this give choice, but it also provides an additional Glyos socket for further functionality and customisation; Perhaps you'll feel that Grimskull needs a skeletal arm protruding from his chest? or another head? - You Decide!

Update #3 delves into the parts breakdown of both Grimskull and Baron Dark, I was was quite surprised by just how many more parts Grimskull is comprised of compared to that of Baron Dark! Take a look for yourself:

...the brilliance of so many parts and utilising the Glyos Joint System, as shown to a greater degree in Update #4, is that it allows you to combine parts to create new characters...

...but also allows one to create such freaky monstrosities like this chap!
    (Photo courtesy of More_Jetpacks via Twitter )

Update #2 focused on George & Ayleen's attendance of the "Son of Monsterpalooza" Horror Convention in Burbank, CA.

They showed off the Grimskull prototype and Kickstarter campaign, as well as having plenty of Skeleton Warriors and Baron Dark on-hand for purchase; here's a pair of photos from said event:

Lastly, we've the 1st Update of the campaign: "Piecing Grimskull Together".

As mentioned earlier, a LOT of reference material was drawn upon or the creation of October Toys' Grimskull figure; from maquettes, concept art and cartoon depictions, to comics, trading cards and books.

Here's just a snippet of the pieces in question:

So here's the part where you, the person reading this, comes in, there's...

JUST 3 DAYS LEFT!

...for you and anyone you know who might be interested in supporting, to help spread the word and back this campaign.

All one needs to do is pledge $20 (USD) in order to get themselves a Grimskull figure, there's also a whole suite of additional figures you can also pledge for which is detailed on the main campaign page and if that doesn't interest you? - Simply mentioning the Kickstarter on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, a Website, Blog, Tumblr or any other method you can think of could mean the difference in this being noticed by someone who doesn't know about it yet.

Any little bit of help you can provide is appreciated by both the creators of the project but also its fans and backers.

So go and back Grimskull, spread the word and remember:

Dam, it ain't looking good for poor old Grimskull, if only they mentioned he's skeletors half brother or something maybe he would of been better off!

Dam, it ain't looking good for poor old Grimskull, if only they mentioned he's skeletors half brother or something maybe he would of been better off!
    I think it's been tougher this time round as October Toys has had to once again compete with 2 other Action Figure-based Kickstarters, the world's currencies have also fallen in value against the US Dollar compared to when Baron Dark's campaign ran, a lack of publicity has been hard too I guess...

...but - IT AIN'T OVER YET!

With just 14 hours & $20k to go, Grimskull's hour of need is right now!

Update #7 brought news of one final new Pledge Level being added to the campaign, this new $40 Pledge Level will net you 1x Grimskull figure and 1x Baron Dark figure - This will allow anyone who's been sitting on the sidelines to get in on the 20th Anniversary: Skeleton Warriors action!

The update goes further by sharing some of the Press that this campaign has received from various sites & blogs from around the web, check them out if you think such coverage can't be found in my many posts in this thread alone!

*I do GREATLY recommend people checkout PixelDAN's look at the Grimskull Paintmaster Prototype though.

There you go guys, short and sweet - Which is exactly like the amount of time you've got left to back & spread the word about this Kickstarter, its success lies in your gnarled, dry & boney clutches - Please Support!

...and thank you for putting up with my incessant posts.