Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mod to remove Onslaught knee ratchet (possibly applicable to other figures)

I'm not fussed enough to mess with my Onslaught, but I just did the Megatron fix, and i'm pretty happy with it. Only bad thing is i have to keep those little bits safe incase i ever want to put them back!

i ended up putting the knee ones back in mine as they seemed a bit too loose and unstable

i may have to give this a go.ive got the same problem not being able to pose properly. hadn't thought of doing this though.

i remember having a slightly different problem with my optimus primal, you moved one arm and the other one moved,bit of a p@^% off if you want to pose him. i ended pulling him apart and ripping the insides out.did it to a second one i got from a op shop as well and some mods to the forarms.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Tabias Prime; 7th March 2009 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabias Prime
    i remember having a slightly different problem with my optimus primal, you moved one arm and the other one moved,bit of a p@^% off if you want to pose him.
    That's because Optimus Primal has a "chest beating" gimmick. But you can deactivate it with the black switches on his upper arms - it allows you to toggle between "chest beating" and "forearm spinning." I find the "forearm spinning" mode is better for posing and general toy play. The "chest beating" mode is more limiting for the reasons you've mentioned.

But Optimus Primal is definitely poseable without needing to modify the toy, as you can see in this stop motion animation I made using that toy.

P.S.: Nice forearm mods - looks like the lovechild between Optimus Primal and Rhinox.

i found the switch to be a bit of a pain.i was never fussed about the whole chest beating thing, to me just another gimmick.I think my BWs Prime is still my all time favourite because he was my first transformer i bought with my own my money. i loved the beastwars toys so much because they where such a leap forward in transformers technology.transformers you can really play with and pose. i'd wish the old G1 were like that.i love the arm mod.there was a lot of work in getting then to fit.thank you to the block who introduced the Dremal. i still havent finished yet, needs a new chest plate.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Just did this to Animated Leader Megatron's knee and the thigh joint that spreads his legs outward. Great improvement as he doesn't look like he's busting for a p1ss anymore.
    Thanks for bringing this thread up again! It really works...nice and easy!
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap