Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GIJoe AUS Movie and Toy release dates. (spoilers, perhaps)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Yeah but the figures are awesome, they wipe the floor with previous JOE lines, I hope the movie figures compare favourably.

While the initial vehicle assortment is pretty dull bar the Vamp, the latter ones have some cooler vehicles like a completely resculpted Water Mocassion, and Sky Hawk
    I find the 25th Joes to be quite boring because they're all the same guys with different colours and webgear.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Apparently this is a Transformers forum, but there were 10 replies to the GIJoe movie release date posting, and only 1 to the TF movie release date posting... (shrug)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Did it give any hint as to whether the figures would be 3 & 3/4 inch size ?
    No details. Try looking at an American fan forum to see if it has actually been revealed yet.

Here's a link to new Images of upcoming G.I. Joe Movie: Rise of Cobra Figures

http://www.toyark.com/news/gi-joe-to...viper-set-319/
    Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I find the 25th Joes to be quite boring because they're all the same guys with different colours and webgear.
    Well the original 13 are (just as they were in the 1980's). Afterall we all know how Hasbro love repaints, but to say that of the rest of the majority of line is erroneus.

Not a huge fan of those movie figures, just as it was with the Transformers movie I'll wait till I see the movie to decide.

benben2142 Guest

G.I Joe is awesome, nearly beats tf, I saw the original series and it's good!

After seeing the video of the new toys covered at US Toyfair, Im getting the toys, don't care much for the movie.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    After seeing the video of the new toys covered at US Toyfair, Im getting the toys, don't care much for the movie.
    I have mixed feeling about the toys, some look nice, others are horrible. As a whole the line looks inferior to the 25th Anniversary line. Although at least they haven't deviated to far from the look of GI Joe, the vehicles are all nice and tough and angular, and some of the figures are more military and less X-men wannabee.

I wouldn't go out of my way to get them, but if they come out here I'll pick up a few, it'll be interesting to see who gets better movie toys out of TF's and GI Joe actauly.

Lots of pics here.
    http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...bra%2F&start=0

So far I like the trenchcoat wearing ninjas, Shipwreck, some of the more military figutres, and the Cobra 4WD. the Cobra Drill vehicle reminds me of oldschool GI joe which is cool. The Night Raven is disappointing compared to the original, but still one of the better Jets that have been released for GI Joe in recent history might have to get one if they don't cost to much.

Ninjas in Trenchcoats are cool.

All i care about is them releasing the old cartoons on DVD!

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    All i care about is them releasing the old cartoons on DVD!
    Some small company did release a GI Joe DVD set a few years back. Unfortunately for those that want the whole series it was just a collection of random episodes though. Although for me that's as much of the cartoon as I can handle.

Mind you the trailer for the new movie is pretty cartoony, diabolical plans involving green stuff eating the Eiffel Tower, and swarms of Submarines is the sorta think I'd excpect from the cartoon.

I wonder if they will release a Christopher Eccleston figure?