Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: nippon-yasan (Japan) feedback

Finally received my first order from NY. Not as quick as amiami or HLJ but hey i saved 30bucks. Just wondering why they force fit the item inside the shipping box where there is enough space on all sides if they rotated the item. Good thing auspost did handle the parcel well this time and it got minor scuffing only.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Finally received my first order from NY. Not as quick as amiami or HLJ but hey i saved 30bucks. Just wondering why they force fit the item inside the shipping box where there is enough space on all sides if they rotated the item. Good thing auspost did handle the parcel well this time and it got minor scuffing only.
    beats me, I don't complain at all as long as they ship the item.

I just gotten my Hi-Metal Elintseeker, my Batpod figuarts, and my metal build option parts.

I have only minor issues over a three year period. Again they are not the best for everyone, but here are the listed advantages:

1. Normally cheapest listed
    2.Various shipping options
    3.Pay options
    4. Pay later
    5. Pay when you feel the rates are good.
    6. They deliver unlike some idiot
    7. They get stock by release date so hence cut down waiting time unlike ordering from local retails.

Not to say there isn't disadvantages:
    1. some bad rep due to items ordered and paid and they cancel your order.
    2.They raise prices, sometimes inflated
    3.shipping package not as protected like HLJ or Amiami.

However, like stated savings ranges from $15-$40 compared to competitors.

I use various retailers, especially if you want third party transformers then Japanese retailers are mostly not the retailers you be looking for.

received my METAL BUILD - ARBALEST VER.IV and Hi-metal Hikaru 1A.

No issues, no communication required, no "where is my stuff", none, it just works.

received Mospeda Stick from ny. Well packed no issues.

Ordered another item and shipped within two days.
    This retailer has minimal maintenance unlike certain local retailer that promises big things but make you wait endlessly.

A precaution

I saw someone ordered an exclusive item on NY which was over six month away.

NY was not able to provide the item and REFUSED to refund the customer, giving an excuse it was way too long and FORCED a store credit.

While as a regular I might be fine, but for someone who isn't that is not good practice and very bad service.

Please be careful when placing Pre orders from this site especially when the item is over six months away.

I would advise people to use pay later option and always ONLY pay when nearer to release date.

Galvatran Guest

Great advice. You're invaluable to this forum. How you're not a Super Admin I'll never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    A precaution

NY was not able to provide the item and REFUSED to refund the customer, giving an excuse it was way too long and FORCED a store credit.

While as a regular I might be fine, but for someone who isn't that is not good practice and very bad service.

Please be careful when placing Pre orders from this site especially when the item is over six months away.

I would advise people to use pay later option and always ONLY pay when nearer to release date.

I concur with Galvatran that this advice is spot on, especially using the Pay Later option. I almost always pay my preorders with NY when the payment notice comes through just before the items are released. Mind you I only order general release MPs from them and they have always delivered on these.

As an aside, I just paid off my pre-order with them for MP Dinobot and was not charged GST. I thought this may be because I ordered it ages ago so I then tested a pre-order for Megatron but again it didn't apply GST.

A precaution

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

A precaution

Let me guess, the macross dx chogokin kyrios debacle?

Some items you can't even do a pay later because of how limited they are such as event exclusives, it sucks really, gotta pick your stuff carefully

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Let me guess, the macross dx chogokin kyrios debacle?

Some items you can't even do a pay later because of how limited they are such as event exclusives, it sucks really, gotta pick your stuff carefully
    ^ absolutely! While I frequent this site it is an honest observation and needs people to be aware especially when no pay later option is available for a limited item.

Applies to other sites as well don’t pre order blindly. This isn’t the customers fault. Rather poor company policy. So please be careful.