Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Encore Devastator to have new head - not Gen2 yellow

I don't know, the head looks more classics-ish which would be good for a classics display if you can't afford the giants, even though it is a little small. I might pick it up (or most likely the original) for the head and purple mixing thing. Maybe G2 will be released at a later date. I want to see that box. Better be sooooome box to miss out on G2 colours. Wish I could find a clip on youtube that has skips form regular show going: This must be sooome party. Meh, not great for G2 fans but I think they're heading in a good direction. But yeah, they better still do G2 in the future.

I was looking forward to getting the yellow version!

I wish they would do a diaclone release!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

The new head looks great, but not worth buying a whole new set for! If it was either G2 or diaclone colours, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by rocman12 View Post
    I wish they would do a diaclone release!
    +1. That would totally rock as an eHobby character! Maybe call them "Crystal City Constructicons" -- i.e. representing who the Constructicons were when they were friends of Omega Supreme and before they were reprogrammed by Megatron... and later went to create him... who would later create them on Earth. Gaah!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Maybe call them "Crystal City Constructicons" -- i.e. representing who the Constructicons were when they were friends of Omega Supreme and before they were reprogrammed by Megatron...
    Great idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Lol. The new head reminds me of the Malibu Stacey Simpsons episode. Now with a new hat!
    Ironically, if they ever do this with Bumblebee (with an actual hat - a NEW hat dammit) I'll buy it.

Talking

+1. That would totally rock as an eHobby character! Maybe call them "Crystal City Constructicons" -- i.e. representing who the Constructicons were when they were friends of Omega Supreme and before they were reprogrammed by Megatron... and later went to create him... who would later create them on Earth. Gaah!!
    i dont know who decides on the reissues, but i think they actually need to hire a fan! They reissue inferno but no art fire, metroplex no metrotitan, sixshot no greatshot, the list goes on!

Don't get me wrong, they have released some great recolours, but i dont understand how hard it is to change the colours in the production line.

P.S. I thought the silver chrome bluestreak and gold chrome jazz was a bit of a let down!

They used to hire a fan. His name was Ichikawa Hirofumi. I don't think he decided on which toys were reissued -- because that depends on certain factors like:

a) What fans wanted. Remember the old reissues had those self-addressed survey cards that let you nominate up to three suggestions per card of which toys you wanted reissued? Because I know most of the toys that my friends and I asked for did get reissued.

b) What moulds were still available. A lot of fans would've asked for Mirage, but that mould is lost/destroyed so it's not possible.

c) What moulds are viable. e.g. Takara's always had the moulds for the Constructicons but never wanted to reissue them until the Encore reissue because there were so many KOs of Devastator out there they feared that a more expensive legit reissue couldn't compete.

What Ichikawa Hirofumi did have a direct input into was what colours to release for the eHobby exclusives. In fact, he wrote up all their tech spec profiles and names! It was his decision to make them based on their original Diaclone and Microman colours, or based on some obscure characters that only fans would appreciate (e.g. Hauler, Sunstorm etc.). He also wrote the entire Story of Binaltech and all their profiles, plus a LOT of other stuff for Takara. It not only gave fans what they wanted, but also helped heal Takara-fan relations after the way Takara shafted Ichikawa (and fans in general) at BotCon Japan 2000.

As for chrome Bluestreak and gold chrome Jazz... yeah, they're weird. But they were lucky draw prizes given away as freebies. I don't expect much quality from freebies.

They used to hire a fan. His name was Ichikawa Hirofumi. I don't think he decided on which toys were reissued -- because that depends on certain factors like:

a) What fans wanted. Remember the old reissues had those self-addressed survey cards that let you nominate up to three suggestions per card of which toys you wanted reissued? Because I know most of the toys that my friends and I asked for did get reissued.

b) What moulds were still available. A lot of fans would've asked for Mirage, but that mould is lost/destroyed so it's not possible.

c) What moulds are viable. e.g. Takara's always had the moulds for the Constructicons but never wanted to reissue them until the Encore reissue because there were so many KOs of Devastator out there they feared that a more expensive legit reissue couldn't compete.

What Ichikawa Hirofumi did have a direct input into was what colours to release for the eHobby exclusives. In fact, he wrote up all their tech spec profiles and names! It was his decision to make them based on their original Diaclone and Microman colours, or based on some obscure characters that only fans would appreciate (e.g. Hauler, Sunstorm etc.). He also wrote the entire Story of Binaltech and all their profiles, plus a LOT of other stuff for Takara. It not only gave fans what they wanted, but also helped heal Takara-fan relations after the way Takara shafted Ichikawa (and fans in general) at BotCon Japan 2000.

As for chrome Bluestreak and gold chrome Jazz... yeah, they're weird. But they were lucky draw prizes given away as freebies. I don't expect much quality from freebies.
    Is that guy stiill around after the Tomy merger? The examples you are referring to are pretty old now.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Is that guy stiill around after the Tomy merger? The examples you are referring to are pretty old now.
    Yeah, but in a far more limited capacity compared to before the merger.