Page 377 of 467 FirstFirst ... 357367372373374375376377378379380381382387397 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

shitty week and been playing some fallout 3. forgot how much I enjoyed it.

Had a massively shitty week too. Consequences are destined to give me a shitty next few months too. Games are always a good escape.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    You can always emulate the environment like how DosBox does. I am pretty sure that with a bit of research and tinkering, any old Computer game can run on modern PCs.
    DOS games are not an issue, as you say DOSbox is the solution in that case. Problem is Windows has changed so much over the years that a binary for Windows 95/98/ME/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 isn't guaranteed to run on Windows 10 even with built in compatibility modes. GTA 1 and 2 are both Windows binaries not DOS.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    DOS games are not an issue, as you say DOSbox is the solution in that case. Problem is Windows has changed so much over the years that a binary for Windows 95/98/ME/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 isn't guaranteed to run on Windows 10 even with built in compatibility modes. GTA 1 and 2 are both Windows binaries not DOS.
    VM it if you can. I am sure there are freely available tols.

Couldnt find crash bandicoot anywhere. Why so popular???

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    The nostalgia is strong with this one....
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    i was shocked to find out it was sold out everywhere. I got mine first day...tried to price match eb for the $39 big w mistake :P they knew it all to well so i price matched to jb's 49.

Have you tried calling around? i'm sure far out places would have a copy or two

Was $39 a mistake? I thought it was just a sale price.

I want to get it (I enjoyed 3 on the PSX and haven't played the first two) but am happy to wait for it. Shame they didn't include Crash Team Racing - of course I get why - loved that game, best kart game I've ever played.

I see FFXII is getting a redo too. That was a great game and it's a reminder to me I never finished it. I stopped before the point of no return with the end boss to do the hunts. Then I moved and I never set up my PS2 again!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Was $39 a mistake? I thought it was just a sale price.

I want to get it (I enjoyed 3 on the PSX and haven't played the first two) but am happy to wait for it. Shame they didn't include Crash Team Racing - of course I get why - loved that game, best kart game I've ever played.

I see FFXII is getting a redo too. That was a great game and it's a reminder to me I never finished it. I stopped before the point of no return with the end boss to do the hunts. Then I moved and I never set up my PS2 again!

Yea big w had signs up and publicly said the $39 was a mistake. I had the old catalogue with the misprint ready and armed...but that didn't work haha.

Scored crash from eb. Price matched $49. Only ever played the first stage in a demo