Page 428 of 481 FirstFirst ... 408418423424425426427428429430431432433438448 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Watching friends share and like clearly fake links to competitions and vouchers is one of the reasons I quit Facebook. I couldn't stand watching the stupid anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    That sucks mate but it may not have been one of her friends. I see random "Suggested Pages" crap pop up on my feed from Facebook all the time with shit like "Free JB Hi-Fi vouchers" or "Woolworths card with $100 free".
    Unfortunately, your mum should be the one having a go at herself - who needs a credit card for free stuff?
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Bought Lego Marvel and Lego Movie games for PS4 from Target for $25 each. Only to find out they've put the PS3 version in the cases. Off to Target I go to get them replaced

And fixed. Glad I checked the games before it got too late to return them.

Been trying (while juggling family commitments, family who are not well at the moment) to renovate the bathroom. I am good at a lot of things - handyman/DIY is not one of them. So frustrating.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I know the feeling. Just the other day, part of my lawnmower catcher was bent down and digging into the ground as I was pushing te mower. Tried to bash that part with a hammer to bend back into shape but couldn't fix it. I was so annoyed I nearly gave up mowing after copious amounts of swearing. Then my wife suggests mow wiyhout the catcher. What would I do without her lol. And my father in law took the catcher and rewelded the metal part back on the catcher properly. And he helped replace our fence with colourbond and we put our garden shed up. Without him to help us on so many occasions, I'd be lost

I've spent the last few months trimming, cutting back and cutting down a good many trees in my yard, to neaten it all up and open up some space, as well as getting rid of some dead trees. Had a huge pile of branches and sticks, about the size of a large bedroom. Hired a huge mulcher, picked it up this morning with the help of a friend with a tow bar.

Worked my backside off this morning, got about 80-90% of it done, then had lunch. After lunch, the damned thing JUST. WOULDN'T. START. Called the hire place 3 times, no help. Took it back this arvo before it closed. They looked at it and tried to start it.

Worked first time.

They said I could take it home, finish the job, bring it back in the morning, no extra cost. So, my friend (who has other commitments tomorrow) has to help me out again. Good thing he's a solid guy and happy to help, but I'm feeling stupid at this point.

Get it home again. Start it up. It works!!!! Second thing I put into it gets jammed, the first jam of the day. Switch it off, unclog it. Can you guess what happens next?

That's right. DOESN'T. $&?@ING. START.

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I've spent the last few months trimming, cutting back and cutting down a good many trees in my yard, to neaten it all up and open up some space, as well as getting rid of some dead trees. Had a huge pile of branches and sticks, about the size of a large bedroom. Hired a huge mulcher, picked it up this morning with the help of a friend with a tow bar.

Worked my backside off this morning, got about 80-90% of it done, then had lunch. After lunch, the damned thing JUST. WOULDN'T. START. Called the hire place 3 times, no help. Took it back this arvo before it closed. They looked at it and tried to start it.

Worked first time.

They said I could take it home, finish the job, bring it back in the morning, no extra cost. So, my friend (who has other commitments tomorrow) has to help me out again. Good thing he's a solid guy and happy to help, but I'm feeling stupid at this point.

Get it home again. Start it up. It works!!!! Second thing I put into it gets jammed, the first jam of the day. Switch it off, unclog it. Can you guess what happens next?

That sucks dude

...more driving woes...

Two cars are indicating to make an illegal right turn, obstructing the right lane and only leaving a narrow space for cars to squeeze past on the left. Maybe that's why it's illegal to turn right at that intersection? Anyway, I beeped my horn as I drove by and the driver from the car in front very loudly yells at me, telling me to fornicate and go away.

Really? He's the one trying to pull off an unlawful turn and he's yelling at me because I was inconvenienced by him... uh... huh?!?

And it never ceases to amaze me how many people seem to driving around with defective indicators.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post

Worked first time.

Update: Still wouldn't start this morning. My friend was coming in 2 hours to help me tow it back. Called the hire place - twice - they send someone out to look the mulcher. Turns out there was a kill switch that NO ONE HAD MENTIONED IN ABOUT 8 DIFFERENT CONVERSATIONS OVER 2 DAYS. Cleared it, starts straight away. Job finished half an hour later.

On the positive side, they only charged me the 4 hour rate, rather than the 24 hour rate (despite me having it for about 28hours). All's well that ends well.

My vent for today - there is no part of me that doesn't hurt when I move.