Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New toy reveal Thursday NOV 5th - SS-72 MV6 Starscream

The fourth and final set of photos for tonight, of the Jet mode.
    (tomorrow I'll look at doing comparison photos with Blitzwing in jet mode, but I need to transform it first, and I'm too tired tonight - I also want to do another comparison photo of the jet mode with other "tetra-jets", which would include the two that I forgot in the video)

Starscream is just beautiful, and I know this toy is going to hold a very special place in my Starscream collection. I?m really quite surprised, as I had assumed that if we ever did get a movie Starscream from the Bumbleverse, that it would just be a minor repaint or remould of the existing Blitzwing mold.

But Hasbro has done something completely different here- there?s too many differences for it to be a retool. Rather I think they?ve either gone for a similar aesthetic, or they?ve reused elements at the design level rather than retooling parts. The Tetra-jet looks breathtaking from above (less so from below with the kibble) but I still really love it. But so long to wait before we see it on shelves....... first world problems, right?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Hey Griffin, I wanted to thank you for handling this reveal professionally and following the rules laid down by Hasbro. I also liked the touch of making sure you distanced your comments as your own.

Hopefully this goes as a massive tick in the trust box against your name with Hasbro and could lead to further interaction between them and the Australian fan base.

Seibertron notes it was Entertainment Earth that broke the news: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...evealed/45399/

I watched the video a second time, as I wanted to have a real detailed look at this toy. That plus the extra photos has me wanting it even more. So cool that that you got an exclusive to reveal Griffin, and I think you did an excellent and fair job of reviewing it (e.g. not an employee of Hasbro, comments my own). Well done!

If I could just ask, as I think they might be molded but could just be really well done stickers: in robot mode, Starscream G1 had his classic red shoulders where you?d put a sticker, and this effect is replicated in the Bumblebee Starscream. But are those etchings actually molded into the figure? They looked like they were, which would be a first for a Starscream figure and is a nice innovation.
    Last edited by reillyd; 6th November 2020 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Shoulder things
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Such an awesome reveal... Nice work Grif!

Nice work on the reveal Griff.

Re the toy itself, it's not really doing it for me...I like the Blitzwing take (not super-keen on the jet mode but it's alright) but the alt-mode on this one is pretty weak IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Seibertron notes it was Entertainment Earth that broke the news: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...evealed/45399/
    Considering our reveal had 8 hours of global sharing before Hasbro and online stores were posting up alerts for the pre-orders, I find it hard to believe that none of their news staff knew about our reveal first, or made it known on their news page that my photos and video were the first reveal.
    It has been a while since they used my images or info without credit, but this "oversight" and lack of correction is almost as bad.

I wanted the images and video shared, to make sure Hasbro didn't think I was capitalising off their generosity (by limiting its access to paid members or making money off it by putting it on youtube to be monetised), I'm more concerned about people sharing the images without any credit or link to the source.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    If I could just ask, as I think they might be molded but could just be really well done stickers: in robot mode, Starscream G1 had his classic red shoulders where you?d put a sticker, and this effect is replicated in the Bumblebee Starscream. But are those etchings actually molded into the figure? They looked like they were, which would be a first for a Starscream figure and is a nice innovation.
    Those are indeed moulded.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Considering our reveal had 8 hours of global sharing before Hasbro and online stores were posting up alerts for the pre-orders, I find it hard to believe that none of their news staff knew about our reveal first, or made it known on their news page that my photos and video were the first reveal.
    It has been a while since they used my images or info without credit, but this "oversight" and lack of correction is almost as bad.

I wanted the images and video shared, to make sure Hasbro didn't think I was capitalising off their generosity (by limiting its access to paid members or making money off it by putting it on youtube to be monetised), I'm more concerned about people sharing the images without any credit or link to the source.
    The Seibertron article also claims that Starscream shares parts with Blitzwing, which seems to be untrue from the reveal.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust