Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202535 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

Henkei Grimlock makes an appearance in the music video of Alex Lahey's You Don't Think You Like People Like Me
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Megatran Guest

Tonight's episode of Family Guy. Chris Griffin (the son) wears an Optimus Prime costume to a dress up party. Hooks up with a girl in a closet, who turns out to be Meg (his sister). Ewwww.

In the animated film Hulk Vs., there is a fight scene between Loki (in Hulk's body) and Thor, where Loki said, "I have waited an eternity for this, to crush you with my bare hands ...", and Thor responded, "Never!"

I think the screenwriter might have seen TF:TM too many times.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

I'm watching the aussie comedy movie Downunder (about the aftermath of the Cronulla Riots) and playing on the stoner video store clerk's car stereo is Stan Bush's The Touch. Was not expecting that.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm watching the aussie comedy movie Downunder (about the aftermath of the Cronulla Riots) and playing on the stoner video store clerk's car stereo is Stan Bush's The Touch. Was not expecting that.
    Speaking of The Touch, I don't know if people here know this (it's probably common knowledge by now I suppose); but Mark Walberg sang butchered the song in Boogie Nights about 18-19 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYAAbbuEpnw

From Episode 5 of Season 8 of Robot Chicken

Narrator: This spring, the Transformers gain a new ally.
    Optimus: Autobots, transform and roll out.
    Narrator: From Amazon's hit show "Transparent," Jeffrey Tambor is the Trans Transformer.
    Jeffry: Uh, guys, hold on. (uses phone) Hi, I'd like to schedule gender reassignment surgery. Man to woman.
    Optimus: Oh, for god's sake, Pfefferman, transform and roll out!
    Jeffry: This isn't a quick process.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    From Episode 5 of Season 8 of Robot Chicken
    And from Episode 18 it showed Soundwave chilling out to really bad music (think it was 'Do you realize') and all his cassettes (in this case Rumble, Frenzy, Ratbat & Ravage) evacuating his chest so they didn't have to listen.

A pair of references in anime.

In the English dub of the anime Sgt. Frog, the second story of episode 34 called "Frog on the run" there is a scene where the Characters Fuyuki and Keroro find a construction vehicle demolishing a building and have this (slightly erroneous) exchange

Fuyuki: It kinda looks like a Constructicon.
    Keroro: Oh my frog god, I hadn't thought of that. I might just be looking at an actual, real life Transformer.
    Fuyuki: Yeah, it's too bad though. It's gotta tear down that old building.
    Keroro: Kero? he should be fighting Decepticons, leave the Pekopon destruction to Agol Mois. Heehee, yeah. I should really get around to conquering this place.

The series (a comedy about a group of Frog-like aliens coming to conquer earth, but mostly just goofing off) was always full of referential humor, but the English dub really goes all out making pop-culture references and trying to be as "funny" as possible. personally, I really enjoy it.

in another anime I enjoy that is full of pop-culture references. Hayate the Combat Butler (Hayate no Gotoku) during the first opening theme song of the series. there is a moment where the shadows of 3 giant robots loom over the protagonists. one of which is clearly G1 Optimus Prime.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUlCbewOEHc (about 49 seconds in)

The Goldbergs did it again with some more awesome Transformers in the show. I am going from memory but it is Season 4 Episode 10, "Han Ukkah Solo". Adam is looking at a toy catalog and there are some Transformer he is circling whist also shots of Metroplex and I think the Contructicons in the scene.

South Park - Season 20 - Episode - 5

One of the Trolls has an Optimus Prime figure on his desk