Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next batch of Cyberverse toys from NYCC

Default Next batch of Cyberverse toys from NYCC

Official images of the next wave of Cyberverse toys were released for NYCC today, including the following figures...

Scout Class:

• Shadowstriker
    • Ratchet

One-Step:

• Optimus Prime
    • Bumblebee
    • Megatron
    • Wheeljack
    • Hot Rod
    • Prowl

Warrior:

• Hot Rod
    • Prowl
    • Soundwave

Ultimate:

• Bumblebee

Ultra:

• Optimus Prime
    • Slipstream

Prowl looks okay. The less said about the others the better. Cyberverse is sure saving me a lot of money.

I wonder why they won't show prowl in vehicle mode, and only gave his bumper?

Slipstream looks purty, and now Starscream will have a friend. I'm definitely buying her.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Prowl looks okay. The less said about the others the better. Cyberverse is sure saving me a lot of money.
    Says the guy who bought all that first wave stuff he hated

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Says the guy who bought all that first wave stuff he hated
    Ssshhh!

Some more official images have been released on the Hasbro website of the Cyberverse toys revealed last October at NYCC.... including Warrior Soundwave having a translucent Laserbeak in his chest. It doesn't look like it comes out, as it appears to be the motion gimmick on that toy (striking out of the chest, and then back in).

Other Cyberverse toy images at that link include the Ultimate Bumblebee, Warrior Prowl & Hotrod, and 1-step Prowl, Megatron and Bumblebee (those last two are new moulds, as we already had 1-step toys of those characters in Cyberverse).

It's a bit disappointing that they are doing new moulds for characters that already have 1-step toys (like Optimus and Megatron), when there are so many characters already in the cartoon that may never end up seeing a toy (a bit like RID, with all those Decepticons that never got toys ).

Thanks Hasbro for saving me lots of money.
    So Soundwave's gimmick is having a chest-burster.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's a bit disappointing that they are doing new moulds for characters that already have 1-step toys (like Optimus and Megatron), when there are so many characters already in the cartoon that may never end up seeing a toy (a bit like RID, with all those Decepticons that never got toys ).
    Bit bizarre that Prowl got two figures to compliment his ten seconds of screen time.
    I’m not complaining cuz I like the character, but still, strange choice.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Bit bizarre that Prowl got two figures to compliment his ten seconds of screen time.
    I’m not complaining cuz I like the character, but still, strange choice.

Indeed... but at least they aren't padding out the toyline with characters that aren't even in the cartoon, unlike the Bumblebee Movie toys, with Energon Igniters Speed Hotrod, Speed Barricade, Power Hotrod, Power Megatron, and Nitro Barricade... none of which were even in the Movie (unless they were all in the original script, and that's what Hasbro had to go off 12-18 months before the Movie goes out).