Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    There was discussion about challenges of the MP line like Jazz . The team always wanted to do Jazz in the very beginning. Sadly the car company would not grant their wish. The two parties had gone back-and-forth many times over the past and still no deal.
    Yep, car licensing is crazy thing that makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    Sorry if slightly OT but If only Porsche would also come on board like VW have. Seeing the post on TFW2005 makes me think we won't see an MP Jazz which would make my collection feel incomplete.
    Volkswagen own Porsche... and now that Hasbro/TakaraTomy were allowed to do MP Bumblebee as a VW Beetle, it should be possible now to do Jazz.
    VW/Porsche weren't interested before the Movies started (for the Alternators & early MP lines), but dollars will always speak loudest, and the billions in global marketing that GM got with their partnership with Transformers Movies, would have any car company begging to cash in, and do anything in return, like allow for their cars to be done as toys.
    Something that was probably the case for the Bumblebee Movie. Hasbro and Paramount wouldn't have done anything or paid anything to have access to the VW Beetle design (for the movie and for the toys). If VW had said no, it would have been another car model used, and the nod to the 80s fans just would have been absent (without too much complaint).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Volkswagen own Porsche... and now that Hasbro/TakaraTomy were allowed to do MP Bumblebee as a VW Beetle, it should be possible now to do Jazz.
    If you want to licence a Porsche you deal with Porsche not VW. Most car brands deal with licensing in house not handling it through a parent, hence why we had licenced Lamborghinis a long time before VW.

Porsche is loosening up a bit as of late with their licensing, but they have been notoriously hard to deal with or charging extraordinarily high prices. There are only two toy companies I know of in the Australian market with Porsche licenses, Lego and Hot Wheels.

The way they worked the videogame licenses for ages was Porsche licensed only the Need For Speed games and then EA had option in their license to sub license to Microsoft so only two companies had licensed Porches for the better part of a decade.

I saw a seacon on the dashboard of Tommy’s car in The Disaster Artist

Galvatran Guest

Cake Masters episode with Optimus Prime & Megatron cake is currently screening (again) on free-to-air channel 33 Food Network.

There's a new game called Radical Heights in extremely early access that has an 80's motief. There are yellow VW Beetles spread around the map, 'caues yeah, nothing says 80's like a Bumblebee reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doKzLVKhgQs

Death's Head (well a LMD based on him) has shown up in Spiderman/Deadpool #31

FatalityPitt Guest

Found an Adult Swim Robot Chicken parody with Beast Wars Megatron. I wonder if David Kaye did the voice. It sounds so much like him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJBqLy45mMo

On Teen Titans this morning:

Cyborg: music can transform you
    Raven: it can transform you? So I can be Optimus Prime?!
    Cyborg: You can’t be Optime Prime! I’m Optimus Prime! But you can be Bumbebee
    Raven: grumble

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    On Teen Titans this morning:

Cyborg: music can transform you
    Raven: it can transform you? So I can be Optimus Prime?!
    Cyborg: You can’t be Optime Prime! I’m Optimus Prime! But you can be Bumbebee
    Raven: grumble
    The night begins to shine!!!!!!!!

Best episode ever