Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BotCon ATTENDING registration open - non-attending should be NEXT WEEK

Sounds like the 3 hours at Universal Studios after it closes to the public, have some things planned... not necessarily having 3 hours of exclusive access to the themepark rides.

I was thinking that maybe they were planning to have a full advance screening of the movie... as I'm sure they'd have a proper movie theatre at Universal Studios to test-run movies, but would Paramount allow a rival movie distributor have the privilege of premiering the movie.
    Actually, they'd need 3 or 4 theatres, as there would be at least 1500 Primus and Minicon attendees who are eligible for this event.
    It makes me wonder what they could be planning for that many people... and must be something significant to replace the expense of a Saturday Dinner event. (at least, it had better be to end up having a fairly empty Saturday night)

For those planning to get a non-attendee set, or are yet to register as an attendee... print out the screen "invoice" at the end, as some people have noted that when they chased up FunPub after not getting an email confirmation, they said it was never generated in their system or charged... but have honoured people who showed them a print-out of the completed order/invoice.

I'm still keeping an eye out on the tweets for the non-attendee sets, but am surprised at the lack of tweets since the first day to keep promoting the pre-registration, suggesting that pretty much everyone who was interested in going have already registered (which was only 50% of the boxsets at last tweet).
    I'm not surprised if everyone intending to go did pre-register in that first day, as there was so much advance warning in the week leading up to it. People registering to attend from now on would mostly be those who couldn't afford it yet, or have a last minute change of plans.