Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Million Publishing 2014 Exclusive - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    IIRC, every edition of the book has had a mailaway toy hasn't it?
    2011 volume 2 didn't but the others did. G1 Skids got a movieverse recolour with these books (with Crosscut in Mudflap colours)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    They also Released electro Disruptor Mirage and Ghost Starscream, as well as Black and Green Ratchet and Ironhide (G1 figures) and something else as well which I can't recall.
    Black Ironhide was actually just an eHobby exclusive. Green Ratchet was from Million Publishing, but for Visualworks, not Generations.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    The spaceship is supposed to resemble Thunder Arrow and Daniel is in disguise as the pilot according to the text, just like the Victory toy. Pretty damn obscure! http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Thunder_Arrow_pilot
    Yep & considering the pilot has a different colour scheme...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Black Ironhide was actually just an eHobby exclusive. Green Ratchet was from Million Publishing, but for Visualworks, not Generations.
    Arh. Visual works. I have it but thought all part of same series. I could have sworn that there was a g1 reissue two pack. Must have just coincided with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I thought using the Groundspike mould for the Targetmaster was also an odd choice (as all other Million Publishing targetmasters were actual guns). I guess you can draw another obscure reference to the fact that Daniel/Groundspike are cowcatchers and Shouki's a train (albeit, not a locomotive...).

Image: http://hero-x.net/tfg2014/s07s.jpg
    I guess Shouki, during in his flying train mode, no longer have to worry about flying cows impeding the top back section of his carriage.. Way to proactively solve problems Daniel!
    Sorry to harsh your buzz, but that looks like a pantograph,

Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

I would be careful about what you pay for a Million Publishing figure. They tend to sit around for years without selling.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I would be careful about what you pay for a Million Publishing figure. They tend to sit around for years without selling.
    Artfire and Stepper being the exception

oooh another book! Finally I was thinking they killed the series off hehehe, not so interested in this toy , but if I can find it cheap why not. I just want the book to look at the pretty pictures as I can't read Japanese.

I don't get it though ( the toy I mean) wasn't Shouki an Autobot trainbot? Why then does his other mode be a decepticon transport (Thunder Arrow).. is there a double agent backstory theyre trying to retro do?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I don't get it though ( the toy I mean) wasn't Shouki an Autobot trainbot? Why then does his other mode be a decepticon transport (Thunder Arrow).. is there a double agent backstory theyre trying to retro do?
    To explain the triple-changeing of the Astrorain mould, it's a double-homage. The train and robot mode are Shouki, and the vehicle mode and Mini-Con are the Thunder Arrow and Skystalkeresque pilot (now 'revealed' to be Daniel).

I don't usually like resurrecting really old topics, but the existing one had a lot of explanatory info in it, for anyone with questions about this well-done, creative toy now that it appears to be out.

Someone in Asia has now got the Generations Shouki (redeco Astrotrain) toy and shared photos of the toy in all its modes.