Page 387 of 467 FirstFirst ... 367377382383384385386387388389390391392397407 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Finally finished Starcraft Remastered. Never tried the Starcraft series and was waiting for the original to get updated before giving it a crack. By about the 3rd last mission in the campaign I started feeling bored, so I just money-cheated my way through the game.

Not feeling the urge to slug through the Brood War expansion so I'll play some Uncharted Lost Legacy and have a break before getting back into the RTS genre.
    I had to cheat in the final Protoss mission I'm pretty sure. I don't think I ever finished Brood War either. Possibly with cheats hehe. Some of those old Blizzard missions and expansions seemed to really up the difficulty and I could never handle them

Final Zerg mission in BW was nuts in difficulty from memory, even more so than the last Protoss mission in the original game.

Funnily enough, the order of races in Starcraft was echoed in the Starcraft II releases (Terran, Zerg, Protoss) while Legacy of the Void's epilogue mini campaign echoes the order of Brood War

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I had to cheat in the final Protoss mission I'm pretty sure. I don't think I ever finished Brood War either. Possibly with cheats hehe. Some of those old Blizzard missions and expansions seemed to really up the difficulty and I could never handle them
    Honestly that's been my experience too with Blizzards RTS games. Was able to manage every level in SC and WC3 but then in the last missions of both games the difficulty gets upped times 100.
    I'm sure there are people that can beat those missions, but considering that you'd have to do everything absolutely perfectly to do so takes the fun out imo.
    The final areas in Diablo2 were easier in comparison, though at least in that game you could level up in earlier areas and prepare so that obviously helps

I finished StarCraft and Brood Wars several times as it is one of my all time best games. You just need patience and persistence. All that I do is try to build up base defenses and then carriers as fast as possible. With Zerg, just build Guardians and Mutalisks to cover one another. Always have upgraded 1st and 2nd Tier ground infantry guarding your base like Hydralisks and Zerglings.

Finally finished shadows of Mordor, it kind of disappointed me, Celebrimbor doing the "human" thing of taking the ring for himself to take down Sauron just doesn't ring right to me ( no pun intended).

I've seen that they have really stuffed up the lore with war by giving the ringwraiths names that I won't divulge here. It'd be interesting if they hadn't done the most boring and one dimensional work with Celebrimbor. Not a good track record...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Finally finished shadows of Mordor, it kind of disappointed me, Celebrimbor doing the "human" thing of taking the ring for himself to take down Sauron just doesn't ring right to me ( no pun intended).

I've seen that they have really stuffed up the lore with war by giving the ringwraiths names that I won't divulge here. It'd be interesting if they hadn't done the most boring and one dimensional work with Celebrimbor. Not a good track record...
    I do love the gameplay of Shadow of Mordor and I'm expecting more of the same with Shadow of War if the microtransactions don't screw everything up. I looked this up recently and it should be noted that the story of these games is NOT canon so don't worry about the lore. Hopefully the story of SoW will not be as boring as SoM to me, I skipped almost every cutscene in SoM. Great gameplay, bad story.

Finished asylum and city. Now onto knight. Its interesting to see how technology in gaming has progressed through the years through this series. Knight feels too complex with its upgrade trees.

Never got around d to Knight - haven’t finished Origin yet, must get back into that.

Been playing Prey again to test the new machine, apart from the story, it’s like playing System Shock 2 with modern tech

Got my mini snes today. Courier asked me what was in the box since he'd pretty much spent the morning delivering nothing else
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Got my mini snes today. Courier asked me what was in the box since he'd pretty much spent the morning delivering nothing else
    Haha ours arrived today too from JB's. Can't believe how tiny the thing is! Hopefully will get a chance to play some Street fighter tonight.