Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 - Your Best & Worst Acquisitions

Megatran Guest

1 - Best toy acquisition overall
    3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired
    13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc)

Top 3 items come to mind (in random order):
    #1 - Encore_Megatron (courtesy of member Zippo)
    Last one of the Encore to complete the series for my collection. Been looking for over a year. Although the bot mode is flawed, this toy was the motivation to collect other series such as TF Collection, Commemorative series & Collectors Edition.

#2 - Transformers Legacy: Art of Transformers Packaging book
    The only TF book I've ever bought & owned. FANTASTIC ILLUSTRATIONS. So much so that I ended up buying a replacement when the first book was defaced.

#3 - Botcon 2013(?) Rainmakers (Bitstream, Hotlink & Sunstorm)
    The deluxe size is perfect. Fits nicely in the hand/ palm. But the colours really make these guys really pop.

1 - Best toy acquisition overall -
    Masterpiece Bluestreak
    2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired -
    Masterpiece Wheeljack
    3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired -
    Masterpiece Red Alert
    4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) -
    Age of Extinction Leader Class Grimlock (it was even crappier than I expected)
    5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) -
    Masterpiece Bumblebee
    6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) -
    Platinum Edition AoE Optimus Prime w/ Sideswipe
    Okay, not including toys that I got for free... Angry Birds Ultra Magnus v. Soundblaster ($5)
    7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year -
    Aaarrgh, my most expensive purchase is also the one I haven't received yet -- MP22 Ultra Magnus!
    8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) -
    Cybertron Protoform X
    9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 -
    10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) -
    June
    11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) -
    MP22 Ultra Magnus, due to slllooowww delivery. Other than that, nothin'. ;p
    12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) -
    All individual issues that IDW has released this year, except for the TF v. GI Joe series (I gave up after #2 )
    13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) -
    Dark Cybertron #12. Right in the feels!

I've really been enjoying this topic, so hopefully more will post up theirs now that the year has ended and no more items can show up.

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - Sideways Sneak Attack (an unreleased pre-production sample pack, was a lucky find on ebay from an ex-employee of Hasbro)

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - One-Step Stinger (only Stinger toy that isn't a redeco), Evasion Mode (Voyager) Optimus in any colour, Masterpiece Wheeljack, MP silver Streak, MP Gen2 Sideswipe, MP Bumblebee, MP Ratbat, reissue MP comic colour Grimlock, RID 3-step Grimlock, and Marvel Deaths Head (as an honorary Transformers toy).
    (despite the Generations line being on average, the best line this year for me, none that I got this year was a real stand-out to mention here... which is surprising)

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Japanese Gen1 toys (Metrotitan, Dai Atlas, Sixknight, Roadfire, Micromaster Sports Car Patrol), European Motorvators, South American Saltman Z (Twintwist).

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Generations Brainstorm, JP GO! Ex Prime (train/dragon), Angry Birds telepods.

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - One-Step Stinger, RID 3-step Grimlock, Gaia Unicron 2-pack (I never thought it was much different to the regular versions, so tried to avoid buying it... but it just got so darn cheap in the end)

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - ignoring free toys that were gifts, the best price saving was probably the Gaia Unicron 2-pack. If I had known how much different and gorgeous the toys looked, I would have bought it before it was on clearance at $33 (for two Voyager toys, that would be about $100 here as regular versions).

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Possibly Metrotitan or Dai Atlas.

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - Sideways Sneak Attack (only 3 are known to exist in packaging).

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 606 (plus figurines and other non-toy Transformers items)... a new record, that I wasn't aiming to break, as I was avoiding a lot of 2014 Japanese toys this year.

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - November. The perfect timing of an ebay discount sale meant a lot of new and old items arrived in the week of my birthday... and then to top it off, meeting Peter Cullen on my birthday.

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - Nemesis Prime from the Japanese convention mid-year, and BAPE & EVA Optimus figures (prices were too high for me on release, and just kept going up after that).

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - All the TPBs released this year... to read eventually.

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - Gen1 3D puzzle Bluestreak and Starscream, Fold-out Ark from SDCC, Legacy boxart book, Animated Season 3 on DVD.

This is all guess work but hopefully these choices were from 2014. Every swap was great in 2014, thank you to everyone I have bought or sold with last year.

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - A tie between G1 Hydra/Buster and Energon Optimus/Megatron (detailed below)

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - Voyager Predaking (the second version)

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Micron Legend Starscream (thx Shirokaze!)

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Human Alliance Bumblebee seems to get a good rap but I don't really understand why.

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - I enjoy the Takara Legends Bumblebee as my FoC Bumblebee and I like the transformation too.

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - Thanks to an eBay seller sending me the wrong figure twice, onselling those heavily subsides my purchase of Takara FoC Grimlock.

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - The Darkwings Hydra and Buster (thx Heroic_Decepticon!)

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - Energon Optimus & Megatron unreleased repaints (though they are incomplete)

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - I guess 30?

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - Early on in the year around when MP Soundwave came out ticked both quantity and quality checkboxes

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - All Generations releases (though some are now on order)

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - 9 Megatron Origins & LSotW (thx Paulbot!)

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - The comics listed above
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - YOTH OPTIMUS PRIME

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - GENERATIONS JETFIRE

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - G1 HOT SPOT

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - AOE LOCKDOWN

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - MOVIE JETSTORM

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - GENERATIONS JETFIRE ($45)

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - YOTH OPTIMUS PRIME ($150)

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) -None

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 150ish

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - November and December when I completed a few different lines.

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - MP Grimlock

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - None

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - This guy

That's one beautiful dog!

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - YOTH OPTIMUS PRIME

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - MP Wheeljack, MP Magnus, gotta show beast wars some love and name Generations Rhinox too

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Generations Metroplex, MP Prowl and MP Streak - thanks Megatran!

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired - FE Prime (on special for $60 and soon returned for $100 allowing me to get a cheap YOTH Prime )

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired - MP Cars. Have never been one to go for anything less than Leader/Voyager scaled but these things are very nifty.

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - YOTH Prime & Grimlock $107 each. (x2 of each at that price)

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - MP Magnus $200 in terms of single figures but packs of YOTH Prime & Grimlock at $107 each didn't help. (hard not to get 2 of each at that price)

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - None

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 15-20 (Quality over quantity )

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - November

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) -

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - None

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - Soon to be a new Fender telecaster

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - Hard to say, but maybe Generations Brainstorm. Just. CW Superion a close second. (If 3P is included, Hexatron Continuum just edges out Brainstorm)

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - See above.

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Still hard to say, but probable Prime RID and Arms Micron Vehicons

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Generations Nightbeat. Was hoping for a better deco, but just falls short for me. Still have him for the character representation.

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - CW Optimus Prime. Surprisingly fun for all the rage his reveal/press images got.

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - AOE Voyager two pack - OP/Grimlock - 50% off at Myer

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Individual,see answer below/Pack, Asia Exlusive Generations Warriors - Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - Millenium Publishing - Infiltrator Starscream/Funpub Chromedome

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 45-50ish?

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - Dec - Combiner Wars Wave 1.

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - No official releases I wanted got past me, but Funpub Rewind is still a sore spot, and for 3P, the Planet X Dinobots are calling for me, but my wallet says no.

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - Physical - any of the Generations Pack-ins, digitall - ALL of them, RID, MTMTE, Windblade, Empire of Stone etc.

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - Glowing Decepticon Symbol lanyard.

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - Transformers Fall of Cybertron Voyager Class Soundwave

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Transformers Fall of Cybertron Voyager Class Soundwave

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - AoE Leader Class Grimlock... wish I went Voyager

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - DoTM Deluxe Class Bumblebee

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - DoTM Deluxe Class Skids and Bumblebee for $20 from a BigW, and a $20 Optimus Maximus from the same BigW later on.

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Leader Class Grimlock

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - None

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - ....25

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - December, Voyager Class Slog, Galvatron and Deluxe Class Drift and Lockdown

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - Titan Class Metroplex

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - 7

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - RoFT, DotM and AoE on DVD, Some virtual comics and 1 actual comic.