View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grimlock

15 34.09%
  • Slag

6 13.64%
  • Sludge

6 13.64%
  • Snarl

11 25.00%
  • Swoop

6 13.64%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your favourite Dinobot?

Default Who is your favourite Dinobot?

As with the previous polls, we're just looking at toys from your childhood; which one was the one that you loved the most as a kid? And we're only looking at the original G1 Dinobots.

My favourite was (and is) Snarl. Aside from being my first* Dinobot, I love the mould and design, and I really love the canonical fact that his strength tenfolds in sunlight and he can still store solar energy after dark, maintaining a high level of super strength. So considering that his base Strength is 9, it means that on a sunny day it can reach up to 90! He's kinda like a Kryptonian -- his solar cells drink the energies of Earth's sun and powers him up, even when it's dark. Much like a Kryptonian, Snarl would need to go for an extended period of time without sunlight for him to lose this boosted power, but even then, he would drop down to his minimum Strength rating of 9, which is still really freakin' strong! (unlike a Kryptonian who I think would become substantially weakened).

---------------------------------------
    *My G1 Grimlock was acquired on the same day, but initially belonged to my brother, so Snarl technically counts as my first Dinobot (even though we opened both at the same time )

Grimlock, first Dinobot I ever had
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Whilst I didn't have him back in the 80's due to parental attitudes my favourite was G1 Grimlock.
    I had to wait well over 25 years but he was the first dinobot I ever brought (admittedly for my son when he was 7) and the MP version is my sons absolute pride and joy as he LOVES cartoon G1 Grimlock the most out of all the Transformers.
    IF I ever get the opportunity and can afford it I would love to get an original G1 Grimlock for my son to add to his collection one day... dreams are free right?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is grimlock for me though I am agreeing to those who picked Snarl as he is nice too but most character development went to the Dinobot leader. I actually find swoop annoying sometimes.

Grimlock overall but I like Snarls robot mode more than Grims.

This is one of those cases where I LOVE all 5

Never owned any G1 Dinobots (if there was ever a reissue I would buy them in a heartbeat).

Voted Sludge because I love both his modes and always thought he was the dopiest (and therefore most endearing) of the Dinobots.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Never owned any G1 Dinobots (if there was ever a reissue I would buy them in a heartbeat).
    Was your heart beating in 1991? Although only Grimlock, Sludge and Snarl were reissued. The Slag mould was reused in 1993 for the G2 Dinobots. The Swoop mould has never been reissued or reused, which leads me to suspect that it must've been the first mould to be too far deteriorated for reuse (and then likely discarded). The fact that Swoop is also physically the weakest of the Dinobot toys also lends credence to this theory.

As a kid I thought Slag and Snarl were cool, but I never saw them in the 80's except in catalogues.

I had Grimlock, but my favourite was Sludge. I played with him until his joints were looser than an alley cat on heat. He was my favourite because of how I got him - saw him on the shelf at my local Toyworld but had to save up for weeks until I could afford him. I went into the shop and looked at him every week (I would've been about 8 or 9 at the time I think?), hoping each time I went that he wouldn't have been sold until I could afford it.

I have a vivid memory of finally getting the last dollar or so in pocket money that I needed and my dad making a special trip to the shop to buy him. I was so ridiculously excited. Bought him that day and loved him from then on. One of my favourite childhood toys, easily.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I played with him until his joints were looser than an alley cat on heat.
    In tears!!!!!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post

Voted Sludge because I love both his modes and always thought he was the dopiest (and therefore most endearing) of the Dinobots.
    but there are re-issues... just check ebay! lol

snarl for me...