View Poll Results: Who is your favourite post-G1 Dinobot?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dinobot (Beast Wars)

10 62.50%
  • Dinobot II (Beast Wars)

0 0%
  • Magmatron (Beast Machines)

3 18.75%
  • T-Wrecks (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Triceradon (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Airraptor (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Striker (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Dinotron (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Rapticon (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Terranotron (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Slapper (Walmart Dinobots)

0 0%
  • Strafe (Age of Extinction)

1 6.25%
  • Slog (Age of Extinction)

0 0%
  • Slash (Age of Extinction)

0 0%
  • Scorn (Age of Extinction)

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favourite post-G1 Dinobot?

Default Who is your favourite post-G1 Dinobot?

I was going to post complaining about Gok's - ahem - G1-centric approach to Transformers fandom in his thread, but I thought it would be far more constructive to just start my own.

There's a maximum of 15 options for the poll, so I've tried to include most of the post-G1 Dinobot toys, but had to steer clear of redecos of the same character, and "remakes" of the G1 guys. Sorry!

Same rules as Gok's polls in that we're talking about toys here, but as most of these aren't as old as G1, nostalgia isn't the deciding factor. Feel free to pick your favourite for whatever reason.

EDIT: I can't seem to alter the poll to remove him, but let's just treat Slog as an "Other - please state" option. Unless you actually want to vote for Slog, in which case, please state. :P
    Last edited by Zommael; 30th May 2016 at 10:03 PM.

My choice is Magmatron: he's just a very cool toy, with his three separate and distinct beast modes, their chimerical combined beast form, and an imposing robot mode. I love making up stories about him, filling in the blanks of how he went from Emperor of Destruction in Beast Wars Neo to fighting to free Cybertron in Beast Machines. He's just a cool guy!

If I was annoyingly pedantic I'd point out that only the last 5 on that list are actual Dinobots. The others are either named Dinobot (like there was a character named Insecticon in Energon but he was actually a Terrorcon or something) or just happen to have a dinosaur alt-mode. Dinobots are either a team (like G1 or Animated) or a particular breed of TF (the old RID toyline and the new RID cartoon).

But since I'm not that pedantic I won't point that out like some anal-retentive irritating buzzkill - in fact I shan't mention it at all

I voted for AOE Scorn - I thought he was pretty bitchin!

BW Dinobot by a country mile. Loved the toy and such a great character in the cartoon.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Personally I would have liked to see Trypticon on there as he would have got my vote... he's a "dino" bot isn't he?

But my favourite Beast Wars character (and the only one I would ever bother to get a MP of) is the original beast Wars Dinobot so he gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    If I was annoyingly pedantic I'd point out that only the last 5 on that list are actual Dinobots. The others are either named Dinobot (like there was a character named Insecticon in Energon but he was actually a Terrorcon or something) or just happen to have a dinosaur alt-mode. Dinobots are either a team (like G1 or Animated) or a particular breed of TF (the old RID toyline and the new RID cartoon).

But since I'm not that pedantic I won't point that out like some anal-retentive irritating buzzkill - in fact I shan't mention it at all

I voted for AOE Scorn - I thought he was pretty bitchin!
    Nope, they're all Dinobots: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dinobot_(BM)

I mean, Dinobot is pretty clearly a Dinobot. It's his name. Even if he's not a member of the Dinobots, he's obviously a Dinobot - just like I'm a Zom - wait a sec *checks* - yep, still a Zommael. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Nope, they're all Dinobots: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dinobot_(BM)

I mean, Dinobot is pretty clearly a Dinobot. It's his name. Even if he's not a member of the Dinobots, he's obviously a Dinobot - just like I'm a Zom - wait a sec *checks* - yep, still a Zommael. :P
    I didn't actually check the posted link because I really liked this argument

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Personally I would have liked to see Trypticon on there as he would have got my vote... he's a "dino" bot isn't he?

But my favourite Beast Wars character (and the only one I would ever bother to get a MP of) is the original beast Wars Dinobot so he gets my vote.
    Yeah, but then I would have had to put Sky Lynx in, and can you imagine how intolerable he'd be if he didn't win? I've tried explaining he's more like a dragon than a dinosaur but he just won't listen...

What happened to the FOC Dinobots?

I really like the design of FOC Swoop in game

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    What happened to the FOC Dinobots?

I really like the design of FOC Swoop in game
    I think he said its toys only and no updates/alternate versions of the G1 Dinobots (though Slog is an obvious tribute/update of Sludge)