View Poll Results: Who is your favourite post-G1 Dinobot?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dinobot (Beast Wars)

10 62.50%
  • Dinobot II (Beast Wars)

0 0%
  • Magmatron (Beast Machines)

3 18.75%
  • T-Wrecks (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Triceradon (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Airraptor (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Striker (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Dinotron (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Rapticon (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Terranotron (Beast Machines)

0 0%
  • Slapper (Walmart Dinobots)

0 0%
  • Strafe (Age of Extinction)

1 6.25%
  • Slog (Age of Extinction)

0 0%
  • Slash (Age of Extinction)

0 0%
  • Scorn (Age of Extinction)

2 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is your favourite post-G1 Dinobot?

Disclaimer: This post is not intended to be argumentative or disrespectful of this thread/poll, merely a discussion.

Echoing Trev's words, I'm not sure why BW Dinobot has been included in this list considering that he's not a member of that "Neo-Maximal" sub-group. And if non-Dinobot Transformers who happen to transform into a Dinosaur/pterosaur is to be included, then what about others?

Here's a list of post-G1 "Dinoformers", excluding newer incarnations of the G1 Dinobots (e.g. Classicsverse etc.). I've noticed that while the poll does include characters with reused G1 names (Slog, Strafe), it excludes ones that reuse G1 Dinobot names. So I've excluded them as well (I don't agree with this exclusion, but being Zommael's poll/thread, let's run with it).

* Megatron (BW); tyrannosaurus rex
    * Terrorsaur; pteranodon
    * Lazorbeak; pteranodon
    * Fractyl; pteranodon
    * Gigastorm; dinosaur
    * Thrustor; velociraptor
    * Guiledart; triceratops
    * Sling; dimetrodon
    * Dead End; ammonite (while not a dinosaur, it's still an extinct prehistoric animal. After all, pterosaurs aren't dinosaurs either and there are at least two in the poll)
    * Archadis; archaeopteryx
    * Hardhead; pachycephalosaurus
    * Bazooka; ankylosaurus
    * Killer Punch; styracosaurus
    * Mutant Beast Razorclaw; velociraptor (and more anatomically correct than Dinobot!)

And if non-dinosaur/pterosaurs like Dead End can be accepted, then what about extinct prehistoric mammals like Big Convoy and Ultra Mammoth? Yes, they're mammals, but bear in mind that Dimetrodons are synapsids, which aren't dinosaurs and are more closely related to mammals than reptiles. Also, remember that Magmatron's "Seasaur" component (elasmosaurus) is a plesiosaur, which aren't dinosaurs but, like pterosaurs, are reptiles). And while one might argue that the ones I've listed are all Predacons, bear in mind that Beast Machines Magmatron is still a Predacon too. The box bears the BM Dinobot logos, but the toy itself bears three Predacon insignias (because the toy is almost identical to BWN Magmatron).

And if we're looking at post-G1 Dinobots, then don't forget...
    ※ Dino-Bot (velociraptor; Transformers Go-Bots/Big Adventures)
    ※ Wal-Mart RiD Terranotron (pteranodon; entirely different character and toy from BM Terranotron)
    ※ Wal-Mart RiD Triceradon (triceratops; while the same mould as BM Triceradon, he's a different character from a different continuity)
    ※ Universe/Armada Ransack (tyrannosaurus rex)
    ※ Universe/Armada Windrazor (pteranodon)
    ※ Universe/Armada Stockade (triceratops)
    ※ Micron Booster Gnashteeth (tyrannosaurus rex)
    ※ Micron Booster Chromebite (tyrannosaurus rex)
    ※ Micron Booster Reptix (pteranodon)
    ※ Cruellock (known as "Dinobot" in Super Link)
    ※ Cybertron Undermine/Galaxy Force Dinoshout (spinosaurus)
    ※ Cybertron Repugnus (spinosaurus)
    ※ Cybertron Brimstone (pteranodon)
    ※ Classics Knockdown (triceratops)
    ※ Classics Terrorsaur (tyrannosaurus rex)
    ※ Power Core Combiners Grimstone (styracosaurus) with Dinobots (ankylosaurus, pachycephalosaurus, parasaurolophus, spinosaurus)
    ※ Generations Fall of Cybertron Grimlock
    ※ Dark of the Moon Dualor (tyrannosaurus rex)
    ※ Dark of the Moon Triceradon (triceratops)
    ※ Dark of the Moon Rav (pteranodon)
    ※ Age of Extinction Slug
    ※ Lost Age Movie Advanced Series Paulie (pteranodon)
    ※ Lost Age Movie Advanced Series Ivan (tyrannosaurus rex)
    ※ Lost Age Movie Advanced Series Thunderlips (triceratops)
    ※ Kre-O Mollox (combine to form Grimstone)
    ※ Kre-O Crackback (combine to form Grimstone)
    ※ Kre-O Ironeye (combine to form Grimstone)
    ※ Kre-O Iquanox (combine to form Grimstone)
    ※ Kre-O Floodgate (combine to form Lazerbolt)
    ※ Kre-O Freezeout (combine to form Lazerbolt)
    ※ Kre-O Roadhound (combine to form Lazerbolt)
    ※ Kre-O Bullhorn (combine to form Lazerbolt)
    ※ Kre-O Skimmer
    ※ Kre-O Frostbite
    ※ Kre-O Silversnout
    ※ Kre-O Torosaur
    ※ Kre-O Slug
    ※ Kre-O Strafe
    ※ Kre-O Slash
    ※ Kre-O Scorn
    ※ Kre-O Snarl
    ※ Rescue Bots "Roar and Rescue" Optimus Prime (tyrannosaurus rex)
    ※ Rescue Bots "Roar and Rescue" Bumblebee (velociraptor)
    ※ Rescue Bots "Roar and Rescue" Heatwave the Rescue Dinobot (apatosaurus)
    ※ Rescue Bots "Roar and Rescue" Blades the Rescue Dinobot (pterodactyl)
    ※ Rescue Bots "Roar and Rescue" Chase the Rescue Dinobot (stegosaurus)
    ※ Rescue Bots "Roar and Rescue" Boulder the Rescue Dinobot (triceratops)

This is why my poll just included the G1 Dinobots. Because if I were to include every Dinobot, or every pre-historic moded Transformer, then the poll would be exhaustive (moreso without the arbitrary exclusions). The ones I've listed above covers post-G1 pre-historic moded TFs (I've probably some out).

Bladestorm: Trypticon doesn't count because he's G1 and this thread/poll is only meant to cover post-G1. Although Gigastorm is a redeco of Trypticon released in Beast Wars in 1998, and he's definitely an entirely different character (he's not an update of Trypticon), so I don't see why he doesn't count. Gigastorm is an upgraded version of the Predacon known as Megastorm, who was an M1 Abrams tank (redeco of G2 Megatron).

P.S.: out of the available options on this poll, I went with BW Dinobot (original)

In replay to Gok: I have tried to stick to my own rules in including only toys who are officially named as being Dinobots and are not updates of G1 toys, but somehow, Slog slipped through. I should go back and get rid of him if I can.

Dinobot is included because his very name is Dinobot, as I tongue-in-cheek argued to Trev. But it's like this: all people who are named Christian can be referred to collectively as Christians, even if they don't actually follow the religion of Christianity. Yes, it's a different meaning, and yes, I acknowledge that. But Dinobot is the Transformers equivalent of a person called Christian who follows Christianity: he's named after the group and, in his own way, follows their teachings and beliefs. Not including him as a post-G1 Dinobot would not have seemed right to me.

I'm sorry if others disagree, but this poll isn't intended to be a definitive measure of the popularity of post-G1 Dinobots among the Australian collecting population for the purposes of market research, population demographics, or extermination of anyone who voted for Slog. It's meant as a bit of fun - just like the G1 polls were. If you want to write-in Dead End as a Dinobot even though he's a Predacon, isn't called Dinobot, and isn't a member of a Dinobot subgroup, by all means go ahead. But please, try to enjoy the thread for what it is: a bit of fun, and if anything more than that, a celebration of the ever-popular dinosaur-type Transformers.

This poll messes with my OCD. #makingfunofmyself

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This poll messes with my OCD. #makingfunofmyself
    #missionaccomplished

#nowGriffinhastofigureouthowtoimplementhashtags