Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDW MTMTE Annual 2012 out this week

Default IDW MTMTE Annual 2012 out this week

The description just makes it sound like an extra regular issue, so maybe it is extra long or has some extra mini-stories or info in it like the old Annuals (it doesn't sound as good as the old Annuals though). Not sure what the point is, if it is just an extra "issue" in a month. Maybe they have so much story to tell, it needs the extra "one-shot" issue.
    It has Metroplex on the main cover, and deals with story of the Cybertronian Knights. There will also be an incentive cover too.

It's a US annual, not a UK-styled annual, so it's a normal story with 48 pages including advertisements (instead of the monthly US structure of 32 pages including ads.)

There's a long tradition of US comics having Annuals but they are different to the UK books that comic fans who only follow TF books would be familiar with.

The UK style of Annual is usually a hardcover book aimed at kids for a Christmas present so it has various stories and games/puzzles etc.

A US annual is just a 'regular' comic but with a larger-than-usual page count. The story taking place outside the monthly narrative but still in continuity. Marvel and DC often have crossover stories in their annuals, and IDW are doing that too with the MTMTE story continued in the RID Annual.

Always wondered why there wasn't at least one (US) TF annual in the 80s. Other licensed titles (like ALF) had them and GIJOE had their 'Yearbooks'.

Yeah.... I knew the US concept of "Annual" would be less impressive than the UK ones.

The US version sounds like it allows for a related "mini story" or a crossover, without it dragging out the main series.... or in some cases (like here it seems) it is just an excuse to sell another comic in a month. Which will be good for the dedicated fans/readers, who can afford all these TFs comics each month - averaging 4 issues per month at the moment.

Does anyone have any idea if these will be collected in a future Trade? if it's just going to be included in the MTMTE or RID Trades, then I'm not going to bother grabbing the Annual itself.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Does anyone have any idea if these will be collected in a future Trade? if it's just going to be included in the MTMTE or RID Trades, then I'm not going to bother grabbing the Annual itself.
    It most likley will be included into the relevant trades as the story will tie in somewhere to what is happening in RID and MTMTE.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah.... I knew the US concept of "Annual" would be less impressive than the UK ones.
    I think it's fair though that some people would be expecting a UK style Annual

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    It most likley will be included into the relevant trades as the story will tie in somewhere to what is happening in RID and MTMTE.
    I'd guess the MTMTE trades might be something like MTMTE Vol 1 (DoOP, #1-3), Vol 2 (4-6,Annual 1), Vol 3 (#7-10 the two 2-parters).

Given the lower page counts in the trades there's also an outside chance that just the two annuals will be reprinted in a very slim trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    A US annual is just a 'regular' comic but with a larger-than-usual page count. The story taking place outside the monthly narrative but still in continuity. Marvel and DC often have crossover stories in their annuals, and IDW are doing that too with the MTMTE story continued in the RID Annual.
    Just wondering if you know whether the RID Annual is coming or has gone? I thought it was sold out already (?). Thanks.

The RID annual is still coming.

The preview is here: http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime....php?aid=47406 Interestingly, much of the artwork in terms of design and colouring is redolent of the early UK annuals. Since Roberts is at the helm, that could be deliberate.