Thread: Transformers Hexbugs official images & details

Default Transformers Hexbugs official images & details

These were found at one of the Toyfairs at the start of the year, but not at the Australian one, so I haven't seen these in person yet.

Hexbugs are a concept that have been out for a few years now, and the distribution license for Australia changed hands earlier this year, so we might not even see these Transformers-themed ones here as the current distributor rebuilds the product range in stores this year.

For those who are not even familiar with Hexbugs, they are tiny (and I mean tiny... the size of a small cockroach) battery-operated, vibrating "bug"... that can "fight" by bumping into other Hexbugs and knocking them off a platform "stadium/battle arena".
    You can't control them, so movement appears to be random - just point it in one direction and let it go.
    The larger ones comes with attachable parts for "battle", and takes 2 button-cell batteries. The smaller ones have a couple of add-on parts and take just one button-cell battery.

Official Images and details can be seen here.
    They should be out in America in (our) Spring, so if they are coming here, it could be in that later part of the year.

Prices are expensive for something so small... and they are licensed items, so are not Hasbro toys.

Hexbug Nano (small) - US$8
    (Bumblebee, Crosshairs, Drift, Galvatron, Lockdown, Optimus Prime)

Hexbug Warriors (big-ish) - US$10
    (Bumblebee, Crosshairs, Drift, Galvatron, Lockdown, Optimus Prime)

Hexbug Warriors Arena (small) - US$20
    (includes 2 Hexbug Warriors - Galvatron & Bumblebee)

Hexbug Warriors Battle Stadium (big) - US$40
    (includes 2 Hexbug Warriors - Lockdown & Optimus Prime)

I think I'm going to have to see this in action in person to really understand what their deal is.

It's highly unlikely that they'll be on my purchase list.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It's best to look up some videos on youtube for an idea of this unique concept.

People who get the most fun from them seem to be ones who build mazes, and let the bugs "run" around, bumping into walls and each other until the batteries run out.

The battle concept is one I can't see working, as you can't guide the bugs, and you are more likely to have your bug run off the side itself instead of knocking your opponent off.

I would love FOC insecticon-styled ones. Is there something that attracts these things, or are they completely random and/or battling? If so, you could attach one to FOC Grimlock and have some fun.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I would love FOC insecticon-styled ones. Is there something that attracts these things, or are they completely random and/or battling? If so, you could attach one to FOC Grimlock and have some fun.
    They appear to be random - moving by vibrating like a mobile phone.

Locomotion is achieved by vibrating the main body. The angled legs, though unpowered, flex and spring back in a favored direction so their movement is mostly forward.

I personally think it's crap. I would've much preferred motorised wheels to get these 'bugs' moving.
    Last edited by CBratron; 22nd May 2014 at 11:50 AM.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.