Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2018 - Siege: War for Cybertron Toy Reveals

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As if I read anything griffin writes....
    Well I just read something that Griffin guy wrote and now I guess I have to buy Hound if I want to get Lionizer.

Just a thought, can we please fix the title from “Seige” to “Siege?” It’s a bit weird to look at.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I didn't realise I had siege spelled incorrectly... oops.

There is a poster showing the revealed Autobots that show three Tetrajets (so maybe we will see an official tetrajet toy?) and some cybertronian text hidden that you need to use image enhancements to see. Not only that, but seems to be a cypher as well. I am sure someone will eventually post, but anyone here good with cyphers?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Galvatran Guest

No but I know a guy named Lu Cypher. Bad bad individual.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    There is a poster showing the revealed Autobots that show three Tetrajets (so maybe we will see an official tetrajet toy?) and some cybertronian text hidden that you need to use image enhancements to see. Not only that, but seems to be a cypher as well. I am sure someone will eventually post, but anyone here good with cyphers?

From that Seibertron topic (this was another Poster being given way by Hasbro at SDCC - there were so many this year), the Cybertronian lettering at the bottom of the poster says "Light the Darkest Hour", so someone used a black light or bright light to reveal a second set of Cybertronian text over the top of Prowl, which gave a string of letters that was 13 letters shifted in the alphabet (so take the letter and move halfway along the alphabet to get the actual letter)... giving us the phrase - Activate Operation Counterstrike.

That was certainly some easter egg there, requiring a lot of creative thinking to find the hidden letters, and then work out the hidden phrase.
    But what does it mean? Is that the theme of this series... or could it be the title of the second chapter, leaked early because Hasbro didn't think anyone would figure it out.

Thanks Griffin for solving that mystery, even if it opens new questions.

I am going to go out on a limb here but Sideswipe is definitely an earth mode. Could it be that the Autobots lost the war, fled the planet , but are now launching a counterstrike siege to retake the planet? Or a resistance that stayed in hiding
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Did we know about Prowl and Red Alert before this poster? I mean, it's logical, but still...
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Some of the Siege toys were on display at the latest Japanese Wonderfest Convention, and these ones appeared to be production figures, as they weren't painted prototypes.... showing us what the colours should be like on the released toys.
    We also get to see some packaging examples as well.

And going back to the posting above about the SDCC poster with a hidden message - it looks like there were four posters given out by Hasbro at the event for WFC, and each one looks to have had a different hidden message, as a second poster has been found and it's hidden message decoded - Autobots the hour is upon us.
    Hopefully the other posters show up (like on ebay), and someone is able to decode the entire message... to see if it does indeed give us info about the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Did we know about Prowl and Red Alert before this poster? I mean, it's logical, but still...
    Maybe? Amazon has 3 different Prowls listed for 2019 release.
    I think two are cyberverse and one Siege - same pricepoint and due out same day as Ironhide.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2