Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is your best Christmas present memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Heck, Maximus looked great with the minibots too. You could put guys like Hound in him too, as well.
    Absolutely. Stuff like the central lift with launching ramp was clearly designed for the smaller carded Autobots that were relased in '87 too, and in Car Robot Brave Maximus works with both the larger Autobots (e.g. Car Robo Bros.) and the Spychangers (who are actually designed to be launched; the G2 GoBots were intended to be compatible with Hot Wheels launchers/playsets). Btw Hound was a boxed Transformer (although he is quite small ).

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    D'oh. i read Metroplex, but was thinking Fort Max. Odd, because I was thinking, "Fort Max hadn't been released then had he?"
    Fortress Maximus, like Hasbro Overlord, was extremely rare in Australia (if indeed he was ever released here at all).

Given Christmas is nearly here (again) I thought I would bump this for peeps who couldn't post the first time (me )

So it was 2007. My dad had shown me the G1 Movie, then TF 1, then slowly we had bought all of the Madman G1 Boxsets (which I still have!) so I wanted G1 Transformers for Xmas. So my dad went online (whoa, the internet was around back then? lol ) and asked me some of my favourite Transformers, and found them on a website that sells G1 bots loose and Mint.
    We had gone to the Canberra relies and got an awesome loot!
    A computer game thing which transformed from Movie Prime's head to a computer, G1 Wheeljack, Hoist, Brawn and Cosmos andd Cybertron Legends Scourge and Jetfire. Twas a good day
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I got G1 Megs (I lived in Adelaide), Prime, and Soundwave all for Xmas, probably 1985. Best... Xmas... EVER
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

We weren't very well off back in the days but the present that was the most memorable was the TMNT pizza power board game we had that present for the three of us. But we all played that together and it was fun.

I still remember we were running commentary on the battle flipper.

This year (self bought) G1 Astrotrain, Blitzwing and onslaught

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Given Christmas is nearly here (again) I thought I would bump this for peeps who couldn't post the first time (me )

So it was 2007. My dad had shown me the G1 Movie, then TF 1, then slowly we had bought all of the Madman G1 Boxsets (which I still have!) so I wanted G1 Transformers for Xmas. So my dad went online (whoa, the internet was around back then? lol ) and asked me some of my favourite Transformers, and found them on a website that sells G1 bots loose and Mint.
    We had gone to the Canberra relies and got an awesome loot!
    A computer game thing which transformed from Movie Prime's head to a computer, G1 Wheeljack, Hoist, Brawn and Cosmos andd Cybertron Legends Scourge and Jetfire. Twas a good day
    Your Dad is a very wise man I had just left Canberra in mid '06 but the garage sales and flea markets at Belco and Tuggers were still coming up with the goods. Pre movies was a good time to be a collector. It's great to read you had such a good Christmas so recently.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

If I confine it to transformer related, my most memorable was about 2 years ago now. My wife had been going on and on about how awesome the 'presents' were that she had for me. She was so confident and as it turns out it was the first, and last, time she bought transformers for me.

So as it turned out, I used to buy a lot of my bots from RK. She knew this and one day bought me all the bots that she thought I was interested in. She based this on the screen I left open at the time which happened to be the latest arrivals screen full of things like the transforming hats/shoes and some movie bots and other random ones that have nothing to do with my collection. She spent $500 on bots I had no interest in!

I couldn't help but laugh and thankfully she wasn't upset. Although I tried to put on a happy face and smile once I saw the list. Thankfully they were on pre-order and RK hadn't posted. They were good enough to give me a store credit and I ordered the ones I was after

Super Nintendo Killer Instinct bundle.

I guess I'm the odd one out that it wasn't Transformers releated.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Super Nintendo Killer Instinct bundle.

I guess I'm the odd one out that it wasn't Transformers releated.
    Gee that was a blast from the past. Surprise they haven't brought it back out. Never seemed to gain the same popularity as Mortal Kombat.

As for my favourite Christmas memory from my childhood, it would have to be the year I got G1 Ultra Magnus as a young kid. He is my favourite transformer of all time, and was always my Autobot Leader when I played because I didn't have Prime as a child.

As an adult, my favourite moment was a couple Christmas's ago when my son and I got a Generations Metroplex and Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime each (I think they were the same year?). Being able to play around with them with my son was a real joy. Putting all the stickers on Metroplex took ages but brought me back to my childhood too.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    awesome thread....

fave xmas pressie wasn't tf related though, fave b'day present was.... but thats another story.

anyways, xmas in 84 was when i got my first 20in Bmx.... i was 6, had a mullet, was clad in double denim ( acid wash ) and desert boots! as far as we thought... my lil bro and i were the coolest kids cruising the street.

photos may tell a different story.... lol

ahh the memories
    Mullet, double denim, desert boots. That's 80's gold right there.

Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post
    We weren't very well off back in the days but the present that was the most memorable was the TMNT pizza power board game we had that present for the three of us. But we all played that together and it was fun.

I still remember we were running commentary on the battle flipper.
    Our family too had next too nixx but we didn't mind. But one Christmas day mum & dad came home with a black & white tv which family friend had donated to us when they upgraded to colour tv. It felt like we moved into the 20th century. I no longer had an excuse not to do school homework in reporting a federal, state & local government story from the tv news the previous night.