Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep IX

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

sadly I will just watch when is available online in HD. I dont really care for this trilogy. Is already quite obvious from the trailer some thing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    sadly I will just watch when is available online in HD. I dont really care for this trilogy. Is already quite obvious from the trailer some thing will happen.
    Well yes, Star Wars flicks are usually classified as Sci-fi Action movies or, as Wikipedia says, an epic space-opera. One would therefore assume that something must happen in the film, especially since it’s running time is 2.35 hours.

It would be rather odd if a movie that long and with that description consisted of a lone Stormtrooper playing Solitare on his PC for its entire duration.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well yes, Star Wars flicks are usually classified as Sci-fi Action movies or, as Wikipedia says, an epic space-opera. One would therefore assume that something must happen in the film, especially since it’s running time is 2.35 hours.

It would be rather odd if a movie that long and with that description consisted of a lone Stormtrooper playing Solitare on his PC for its entire duration.
    Where's the laugh react button around here?
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

The more trailers I see of this one the less excited I'm getting for it... it just feels like it is missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The more trailers I see of this one the less excited I'm getting for it... it just feels like it is missing something.
    The original cast for one thing. I feel like throwing in the Emperor and Lando was a half-desperate attempt to link the last movie with the original trilogy. I?m going in with modest expectations, but still hoping for a good ride.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    There's been a bit much focus on 'REMEMBER THE 1980s PLEASE LOVE US AGAIN' in the marketing.

Also yeah, the Palpatine return feels like something they pulled out of their arse.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I'm thinking (or is that hoping?) that Palpatine will be what ties the 3 trilogies together. (I've stayed clear of leaks & theory websites etc so I dont know whats out there).
    Getting very excited now its nearly here. The Mandalorian has got me extra hyped on SW in general.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    There's been a bit much focus on 'REMEMBER THE 1980s PLEASE LOVE US AGAIN' in the marketing.

Also yeah, the Palpatine return feels like something they pulled out of their arse.
    It?s almost like they made three different movies without planning the main beats and overall plot first! If they hadve planned even half as much as the marvel movies, they?d not be in this mess!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

If they change a major plot point of the last movie and use the words “from a certain point of view” as the excuse, I’m going to riot.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    If they change a major plot point of the last movie and use the words “from a certain point of view” as the excuse, I’m going to riot.
    Spoiler here, its been said there are actually that plots in this one were done to fix up Rian's mess.