Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: The Movie 30th Anniversay Edition

Having a second 4:3 disc like the Sony DVD is kinda cool, but I think I'll stick to my Metrodome Blu-ray for now.

Related to the 30th anniversary release of the Movie, is a new release of the Instruments of Destruction song from the 1986 soundtrack... sometime in mid-September.

My copies (steelbook and regular BD) have shipped!

Fingers crossed my amplifier is repaired in the next two weeks and I'll be enjoying this sucker.

I'd have some faith after the Blu-ray.com review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Tr...157482/#Review

Along with The Digital Bits and Home Theater Forum, they've always had pretty good standards for their reviews.

Speaking of The Digital Bits, here's their review: http://thedigitalbits.com/item/trans...ie-30th-ae-brd

"Overall, this is a very good A/V presentation, and certainly the best the film has ever looked and sounded on home video."

Worth noting, right?

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Speaking of The Digital Bits, here's their review: http://thedigitalbits.com/item/trans...ie-30th-ae-brd

"Overall, this is a very good A/V presentation, and certainly the best the film has ever looked and sounded on home video."

Worth noting, right?
    I don't see them comparing the quality it to the existing (non-American) BluRay release (although they mention our version in the features section) but if they are comparing it to previous US DVD versions I'm sure that's true.

I only have a crapy VCD somewhere. Maybe its time to get a new one.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I've been secretly hoping they did a restoration and remastering of the robot jox trailer from the VHS

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    I only have a crapy VCD somewhere.
    LOL! The only copy I have is on VHS!

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post

Worth noting, right?
    Getting a bit OT but that's one of my pet peeves with Bluray reviews. Unless they royally stuff it up, it should be a given that the first release of a movie in a high def format should be better than anything that's come before. Personal preferences for colour timing changes aside (eg the first Lord of the Rings having a greenish tint), I've never heard of a Bluray or HD-DVD release that looks worse than its DVD, laserdisc or VHS predecessors (yes, this isn't a first release in high def but it is a first for the US market). Happy to be proven wrong, of course!

Couldn't care for the movie per-se as I already have the dvd & br but will unquestionably purchase for extra features alone.