View Poll Results: Masterpiece Thrust - worth getting?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Another MP Seeker - hells yes!

8 50.00%
  • Only if WAY cheaper than he is now

4 25.00%
  • Only if...

1 6.25%
  • Na

2 12.50%
  • Thrust this toy straight into the nearest trash compactor!

1 6.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - MP-11NT Thrust

I must be one of the lucky ones as my waist pin is just fine. He's a cool figure, probably not as impressive as Ramjet IMO but still nice nonetheless.

As Trev said, given the hefty price tag on this toy, I'd only recommend it if you're planning on completing the MP Coneheads... in which case you probably don't need much convincing, so it's not much of a recommendation #preachingtothechoir Odds are, if you haven't already pre-ordered this toy then it's probably not for you.

There are a few new tricks to the mould not seen in previous MP Seeker moulds, but fundamentally it's mostly the same thing. One thing that concerns me are the two slender panels that sit on the back (they fold down in jet mode) as there's nothing to lock them into position. They may become loose/floppy in time (as these sort of parts tend to do). For a Masterpiece, and such an expensive Masterpiece, it's pretty disappointing that they didn't put in any form of locking feature there. I do like how the wings and stabilisers lift up in robot mode.

There are tabs on those panels which fold out so you can clip them into Thrust's back. For some reason they are not folded out and tabbed in when Thrust is in package.
    "Once you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will soon follow."

Please check my toy blog: www.tonkstoys.com

Finally got around to trying this last night. Cheers for the tip, Chevvie.

Finally got round to opening mine and other than the floppy waist I found him rather pleasing. Little bit of colour variation between plastic and paint, especially the feet.

Really don't like the lack of tabbing points on the back kibble, which I would of expected some sort of improvement over ramjet. Speaking of tabs did anyone know that There's a bit that flips out on top of his shoulders that is for the null-ray to peg into?

Jet mode (in my opinion) is fantastic other than paint variation I feel it was brilliant everything tabbed in nicely. The only thing is the unnecessary need for a hinge point on the wing tips? Serve no purpose.

Really happy with thrust, can't wait to get dirge so we can put this ancient mp-11 mould in s museum

The wings mean he takes up a lot of room in a display cabinet. Those are my thoughts right now hehe.

If anyone is suffering with extreme hip wobble, and doesn't mind performing a bit of surgery. I've just uploaded a video detailing how to fix this with spacers

Hope this helps

https://youtu.be/4hkUgDMgdKE

Quote Originally Posted by Bots & Bits View Post
    If anyone is suffering with extreme hip wobble, and doesn't mind performing a bit of surgery. I've just uploaded a video detailing how to fix this with spacers

Hope this helps

https://youtu.be/4hkUgDMgdKE
    Cool! Thanks mate! Love your fixit vids as always

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Finally got mine after some retailer refused to shipped my order.

I have to say, I like the plane mode over the robot mode? But again the overall colours fall flat for me compared to MP Ramjet.

The wings are kind of taking up a lot of space. Overall due to amount of time lagged waiting for this piece has became so bored. I didn't like it as much despite less defects.

^was yours still have a very bad waist issue?