Page 23 of 152 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    So who wants to buy the Sharks? Anyone wanna put in for a group bid? We could even change the name to something TF related like "The Sutherland Shire Wreckers" or something
    At least the players reflect the community they are based in...

You know, overpaid trash with more money than sense, who think they are great but are really just substance abusers and thugs.

Hello Central Coast Bears!
    Let us hope that the Cronulla club dies completely so that the Bears can start afresh with a 'new' license, rather than Cronullas dregs.

Bet the Bulldogs are cheering they got rid of him, and that Cronulla were so happy to overpay him.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Mighty Maroons wipe the floor with ordinary blues!

QLD bias aside, it was a pretty ordinary game, refs were consistent, consistently wrong. If the touch judge couldn't tell if a player he was running alongside ran out or not, then whats the point of having him? The same touchie was then unable to tell the ref that the same player later threw a forward pass when a try was given (a square-up for the one they should have gotten earlier). Then the other touchie made an idiot out of himself saying Hayne hit Slater late, when it was a great legal hit, and the only thing Hayne did wrong was rush up and leave two opponents unmarked.

QLD dominated the game, NSW scored their points from a forward pass and lucky deflections, (imo they were robbed of an earlier try), and while they looked fantastic when Farrah, Wing and Lewis were all on together, carving up the ruck in the last 20 minutes, they were otherwise fairly flat in attack.
    QLD were really two teams last night, one team when Price and Petero are on, and another, weaker side when they are off.

So was anyone else watching the same game I was last night? You know, the one where Hayne was being lauded as one of NSW best, when he did barely anything himself? Jennings had a blinder, threatening a break almost every touch, and doing all the work to make a half break, attracting the defenders before passing onto Hayne, who had to do nothing but run forward and pass backwards (which he still managed to stuff up). O'Donnell had a meh start, but really picked up, but Kite was atrocious, Wallace played himself in, and Campese needs to be given a chance, for most of the game his short kicking game was never able to be used as NSW had poor field position. Gidley's two bungles in the second half were uncharacteristic, and I hope the media dont try to make him the scapegoat, when it was the forwards who failed, and Lyon and McManus might as well have not been there for all they did.

QLD can replace the over-rated Hodges with Hunt on the wing (and keep him there, he is inferior to Slater) and bring in Prince as the replacement utility.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Mighty Maroons wipe the floor with ordinary blues!

QLD bias aside, it was a pretty ordinary game, refs were consistent, consistently wrong. If the touch judge couldn't tell if a player he was running alongside ran out or not, then whats the point of having him? The same touchie was then unable to tell the ref that the same player later threw a forward pass when a try was given (a square-up for the one they should have gotten earlier). Then the other touchie made an idiot out of himself saying Hayne hit Slater late, when it was a great legal hit, and the only thing Hayne did wrong was rush up and leave two opponents unmarked.

QLD dominated the game, NSW scored their points from a forward pass and lucky deflections, (imo they were robbed of an earlier try), and while they looked fantastic when Farrah, Wing and Lewis were all on together, carving up the ruck in the last 20 minutes, they were otherwise fairly flat in attack.
    QLD were really two teams last night, one team when Price and Petero are on, and another, weaker side when they are off.

So was anyone else watching the same game I was last night? You know, the one where Hayne was being lauded as one of NSW best, when he did barely anything himself? Jennings had a blinder, threatening a break almost every touch, and doing all the work to make a half break, attracting the defenders before passing onto Hayne, who had to do nothing but run forward and pass backwards (which he still managed to stuff up). O'Donnell had a meh start, but really picked up, but Kite was atrocious, Wallace played himself in, and Campese needs to be given a chance, for most of the game his short kicking game was never able to be used as NSW had poor field position. Gidley's two bungles in the second half were uncharacteristic, and I hope the media dont try to make him the scapegoat, when it was the forwards who failed, and Lyon and McManus might as well have not been there for all they did.

QLD can replace the over-rated Hodges with Hunt on the wing (and keep him there, he is inferior to Slater) and bring in Prince as the replacement utility.
    Pretty much agree with most of that.

I think McManus blew his origin chance. I feel that a winger worth his salt would of put in a better effort chasing Inglis down when he scored in the second half. I don't Lyon deserves his spot either. The only question is who to bring in? The only other change I would make is Wing to 5/8 and Campo on the bench.

I also want to credit Shane Hayne for showing the common sense to over rule the idiotic touch judge.

I think that the Blues should keep the majority of the team as they'll grow together and could really threaten QLD next time around.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I think McManus blew his origin chance. I feel that a winger worth his salt would of put in a better effort chasing Inglis down when he scored in the second half. I don't Lyon deserves his spot either. The only question is who to bring in? The only other change I would make is Wing to 5/8 and Campo on the bench.
    McManus and Lyon could be swapped with Lawrence and Gordon, Lawrence would have been picked if he was fit, and Gordon is a flyer who could be paired up with Jennings, with Lewis and Wallace would make for a great combo. Gordon also has a very steady boot. Personally I'd also be rid of Hayne, but I think he is a favoured player and will get to stay the whole series.

I like Wing at 5/8, he isn't as needy as Campese is to get the ball first every play (which he didnt get, thus blunting his effectiveness), but I think NSW like Wing as a utility player, so if Campo is dropped, Mullen will slot in.

I thought it was a good game, Petero and Price are still the best props at 33 and 35 years old respectively, believe it or not haha. NSW forwards really struggled, and yeah McManus and Lyon did nothing while Jenning's always looked ready to pounce, I thought Hayne was awesome but I just like those exciting players no matter what they do

Being Victorian I didn't really care who won, was just hoping for a good game. Couldn't help cheering for QLD though with all the Storm and past Storm players though

My thoughts exactly, I was pretty pissed off when one of the commentators (can't remember who now) labeled him the best centre in the world????? Ahh, well if we're talking currently you can just look to the other side and see a better one in GI (that may be my Melbourne bias though) and I hope he wasn't talking all time as there has been much better and less dirtier centres...

McManus has gotta go, Gordon is an interesting one, hadn't thought of him but he is definitely quick, and I reckon Monoghan in for Lyon.

North Melbourne-bot...?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    and I reckon Monoghan in for Lyon.
    Now there is an interesting proposition. Could also bring in Tongue for Poore or Kite, but we all know Gallen will get the position (bloody thug).

Cannot believe how much of a beat-up the NSW media is going with over the first try, the game evened itself out by the 80 minute mark, to overcome the poor officiating.

Isn't Gordon injured at the moment?

I think Gordon is actually a QLDer

Could also bring in Tongue for Poore or Kite, but we all know Gallen will get the position (bloody thug).
    Yes I am biased but if he wasn't injured I'd be calling for big "Keefy" to get a run... Hang on I have it. I know who should be called up for origin 2... SKANDO!

Now there is an interesting proposition. Could also bring in Tongue for Poore or Kite, but we all know Gallen will get the position (bloody thug).
    Considering this guy's character (well, lack of it), I can't believe Cronulla even _elevated_ him to thye captaincy in the first place. It was always going to a matter of time before that came back to bite them in the spidplate.

And FWIW, Tongue is a much better captain - he's not the most talented bloke but at least he's honest (and I can't name a Raider who put more heart into his team and his own game since Lozza).

Cannot believe how much of a beat-up the NSW media is going with over the first try, the game evened itself out by the 80 minute mark, to overcome the poor officiating.
    I didn't see the game (and don't care), but seeing the replays and freeze frames on TV, I'm inclined to say they got it _right_. Having said that, showing 47 replays or whatever it was is a bit silly - and the benefit of the doubt was clearly not taken into consideration.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister