Thread: Valvoline AOE competiton: win a ride in a Race Car in LA

Default Valvoline AOE competiton: win a ride in a Race Car in LA

At Big W today there was a poster in the window for a Valvoline comptetion.

Purchase any approved Valvoline 5L, 6L or 10L Engine Oil from a participating store between 1st June 2014 and 31st July 2014 and enter for your chance to WIN ....you could RACE a SUPERCAR in L.A with a mate...or WIN a Double Movie Pass to see Transformers: Age of Extinction - In Cinemas June 26. Terms and conditions apply
    http://www.synpower.com.au/race-super-car/

I'm a little unsure how the runner up prizes work since the draw is 14 August and the movie will likely be out of cinemas by then or down to only limited sessions. You know what I mean.

That certainly is a lame competition.
    The main prize is good, in that it gets you a trip to America just to race a car... but the secondary prizes are totally useless. You get them after the movie has been out for 6 weeks, and even though most theatres will still be showing it, there wont be many sessions, and people that keen to win tickets would have seen it in the first couple weeks.

(and why LA to drive a car... how does that relate to Transformers)

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm a little unsure how the runner up prizes work since the draw is 14 August and the movie will likely be out of cinemas by then or down to only limited sessions. You know what I mean.
    I never understood their motto.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (and why LA to drive a car... how does that relate to Transformers)
    Well, minor movie details spoiler maybe but isnt the boyfriend of Mark Wahlberg's character's daughter meant to be a race car driver? I'm sure that came up in early movie news, but none of the trailers I've seen seem to show anything of the sort and you barely see that character in them at all.

Yeah, there is that character in TF4... and really, the expensive, sporty cars has been a theme of all the movies. But the prize just doesn't scream "Transformers" to me... unless you are driving one of the cars in the movie.

Just saw the TV commercial for this, which had two cars street racing, and one was a "bumblebee" deco Camaro.
    It ended with a flash at the end of the Movie banner... but no real tie-in to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm a little unsure how the runner up prizes work since the draw is 14 August and the movie will likely be out of cinemas by then or down to only limited sessions.
    The prize draw was last Thursday. As far as I can see only one cinema in Victoria (Sunshine) is still showing AOE (with one session a day so likely wont last past Wednesday).

Maybe the double pass draw was done earlier... otherwise it's going to indeed be pretty useless.