Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moral Dilemma: WWUD?

The only thing wrong about this incident is that you felt bad about it.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    The only thing wrong about this incident is that you felt bad about it.
    QFT

I am a believer in making your own justice. If the law fails you in accomplishing it (the umpire) then there is nothing morally wrong with applying your own.

Its bad when it comes to artificially imposed social values but its the right thing to do when it comes to human values.

You have nothing bad to morally feel bad about, I would say its the complete opposite, you should be proud of not taking it as its handed to you and right a wrong even if you have to break existing rules.

you did the right thing imo

you stood up for your teammate dont feel guilty feel good about yourself

all is fair on the football field

i headbutted an opposition players parent after a U/15's cricket game for racially slurring (aboriginal) one of my teammates repeatedly during the 2 day game (which we lost hey im a sore loser)

to this day i still have no remorse for that dick he got what was coming to him

as for my rugby behaviour i dunno where to start

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Hahaha... well done STL!

I don't play anymore, but I used to play Aussie Rules Footy (I agree... BEST sport EVA!) for years! I used to get pretty rough myself, but I never actually hit anyone though! I used to be that annoying "Mouth" from the opposition who would start verbal fights and sledge (like the Aussie Cricketers ) and have amusing put downs... basically I was the @$$hole the others wanted to hit... which was good coz they spent more time trying to fight me, rather than trying to stop me getting the ball

So, while I never hit anyone, I totally understand why you did... someone's got to fly the flag for a team mate who's been King Hit!

STL let the hatred flow through you!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    STL let the hatred flow through you!

In exciting news for many of u on the forum, I got taken out today. Had a blinder of a first half. Racked up 25 possessions then the opposition gave me a tag as well as some extra attention.

Bloody sore as now. Barely even got thru a movie tonight before i decided to call it quits. My gf just left this morning and I was going to party the night out but I'm aching so badly, I'm sure I just got stepped on by Unicron.

What really peeved me off was I wasn't able to give the guy a whack back. I generally look out for myself pretty well but coach's orders were "keep ur head, don't be stupid". I ended up w/ like 4 possessions for the 2nd half... and a lot of bruises. I seriously wanted to %$# up my tagger. I copped a whack to the back of the head as I was getting up after a tackle but had no clue. Copped 3 to 4 punches to the chest as well as a few knees at my thighs from the opposition trying to give me corkies.

Or is this karma, I wonder?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Goddam STL....you're making me feel nostalgic.
    I really miss that Saturday night pain after a good game of footy.

Okay... a player was injured and the umpires did nothing? Who's legally liable during these kinds of game when a person gets injured?

Are you actually playing for some kind of club or is it just some friendly teams that have assembled and decided to play? If it's the former, then I would imagine that there would be have to be some form of insurance in place and thus specific rules and legal ramifications. Who is responsible for player welfare/safety and was that person derelict in their duty? If so, then the person responsible could be charged for negligence. If not, then the club's insurance can cover for any medical costs incurred by the injury (if applicable). If it's the latter, then it falls under third party public liability, which means that the player who knocked out the other player is at fault.

That's how it works in martial arts anyway, so I'd imagine it would be the same for other sports too.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt and sues you.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Generally fights or violence on a football field (or any sporting field) are usually only dealt with by the appropriate association's tribunal (If at all. I got away with a lot of dirty $#!^ playing as a nasty backman). e.g. kidney punches in the pack, stomping on the full forwards hands with studs etc, etc.
    But in extreme cases it can go to the constabulary. Our U17's captain at Red Hill ended up on assault charges for booting an opposition player in the face....a (large) number of times.
    Insurance is a case for the association/league. Not for the club in question.