Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doritos Transformers competition 23/6-2/9

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Still another month left on this competition, and after a couple weeks of full-price Doritos at both major grocery stores, they are on sale this week at both... for anyone still wanting to submit entries for that grand prize (or the daily prize of the cooler).

Coles - half price at $1.60 each.
    Woolies - $2.50 (save about a $1).

Your odds might be better for the daily prize at this back end of the competition, if people have lost interest in entering after the hype of the movie ended.
    (also, since the wording of the competition doesn't say that you need marked packs, if the stores start stocking regular packs soon, they should be still valid)
    My IGA had them the other day for $1.59

I entered 3 times and nothing

My nearest Woolies has also started stocking bags that don't have the competition on it, so after this week of specials, it might be hard to find competition bags at the two major grocery stores.
    Even though the T&Cs allow for any Doritos bag of the noted sizes and flavours (because they have the same barcode), they do also note that the Promoter's decision is final... so could be picky and reject anyone who didn't buy their product with the Transformers competition on it. (I didn't want to risk it, so bought up some competition packs this week... and will spend the next few months slowly eating through them... very slowly, because I'm not much of a fan of Doritos)

i have entered 32 times... nothing.. maybe the major prize will be mine lol
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

32? Damn... and I thought I was bad with about 15. (and neither of us getting any daily prizes out of all that)
    You been eating all that, or finding empty packs from somewhere to use?

Well, I got the Cooler today, it has an Autobot logo tampographed on one side/table flap, the 'con one on the other and "Michael Bay's Transformers Age of Extinction on the Cooler's lid and they scrape off at the least pressure, the chairs are too feeble to take an adults weight (I'm not fat!) and the wheels with the short handle mean if you try to roll it it'll scrape the bottom edge on the ground. Other than that, great prize, needed a new cooler and I couldn't have gone to the US and even if I could, I've got no drivers license and where's the fun in being driven in a Super-Car?

I really hope someone from Ozformers gets the grand prize, but unless you need a cooler box, the daily's a not so great substitute.
    'The Spark's Willing, but the Metal's Fatigued'
    Ghost of Starscream

If anyone else is having trouble accessing the main competition site (the link in the first post... which I can't seem to access today), it would appear that the Smiths Chips site has an alternate entry point which is a mirror of the Doritos link.

Is Ark-Ivor still the only person here to have won a daily prize? There are 70 of them in this competition... and even if it isn't a toy prize (or anything too awesome), us dedicated fans should be winning most of this rare "free" Transformers stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    32? Damn... and I thought I was bad with about 15. (and neither of us getting any daily prizes out of all that)
    You been eating all that, or finding empty packs from somewhere to use?
    we had a few parties the Sharkticons 1st bday, My Birthday my Niece and Nephew so i have been picking up packets there, and others i have purchased and nibble on the chips over a couple of days, but yeah alot of entries for no reward, have not had much luck with transformer compititons since the old Daily mirror Micromaster colouring comp wayyy back when!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Are you still spacing them out over the rest of this month, which "should" have less entries from the public as the hype of the Movie has died off, and less stores have competition packs to remind people.
    I still have a couple packs left to enter every so often, in these last two weeks.

(I only realised when I posted on the 6th, that the daily prize is only drawn from entries during a 22 hour period, not 24 hour - this is to avoid confusion or disputes between NZ and EAST timezones/dates in the Conditions... so for us in Eastern Australian states, any entry between 10pm and midnight will only be in the Major draw, not a daily draw. I'm sure some of my earlier entries were during that time too. )

I have only got like 3 packs left at home and had probably entered like 10 times, wonder would they give me the prize if I enter more of them?