Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Cinematic Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I was only half joking speculating earlier today that a reboot of the Transformers movie line and the Hasbro purchase of Power Rangers might give us a Masterforce move! A group of humans given master-braces to control giant transforming robots? It could happen.
    OMG! I had no idea Hasbro bought the Power Rangers. I wonder what this means for the relationship between Super Sentai and Power Rangers?

Now if Hasbro would buy Takara and Disney would buy Hasbro then all my favourite non-gaming IPs except Lego would be under one roof.

Oh thank goodness, they can stop flogging that poor dead horse.

Just to clarify - Hasbro didn't buy Power Rangers (Saban), they just won the toy license from 2019, which is when Bandai's license ends.

I just looked at what Bandai makes in the western toy market. Power Rangers seems to be by far their biggest line. Big Hero 6 seems to be their second biggest but it's a tiny line compared to Power Rangers.

I guess it must have become cheaper for Saban to get Hasbro to make new moulds for each years toyline than just reusing previous years Bandai Super Sentai moulds.

I guess I better buy the Legacy Falconzord and Legacy Ninjazord soon as they are probably never going to reissue them.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just to clarify - Hasbro didn't buy Power Rangers (Saban), they just won the toy license from 2019, which is when Bandai's license ends.
    From what i heard , hasbro have the right to buy the franchise outright

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    From what i heard , hasbro have the right to buy the franchise outright
    Also what I had read; that they were taking over the franchise (from a western perspective)

I've enjoyed all the movies for one reason or another, and The Last Knight seemed to be hinting at a new direction, so if this is true, I'm kind of bummed.

I'm hoping that 'reset' means 'new focus' or different creative direction with the existing material and not a story/lore reset. Michael Bay did say that the writers' room had generated some 14 stories.

I'm hoping the reset will allow Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet etc to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Also what I had read; that they were taking over the franchise (from a western perspective)
    Oh ok.

In other news
    John Warden Comments On Transformers Movie Franchise Future
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/18/j...-future-359410

^ Well that's a confusing set of quotes.

What Hasbro said at the investors day is most likely correct though. If they said the series is getting rebooted at the investors day and it actually wasn't then that would open them up to shareholder lawsuits.