2 11.11%
  • No or not interested for all

3 16.67%
  • No or not interested for Rescue Patrol only

0 0%
  • No or not interested for Spy Patrol only

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - Siege Micromasters (Wave 2)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I'll be getting the rescue team if I ever find them (still looking for the wave 1 Micromasters).

They look fine and my only gripe is I would have liked them (all of them) to have elbow joints.

Hoping they complete the teams they released and bonus points if we get Mudslinger from the Off-Road Patrol team.
    Found Rescue Patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Not sure if I just picked a bit of a bad pack, but both of my rescue patrol figures are very loose and needed some nail polish on their ball joints just to keep them in their sockets. The paint work and overall look is fantastic and they would be an awesome little present, but if the looseness of my figures is more common-spread, then I cannot really recommend.

Like any toys these days, the full RRP is not worth it, but at discount? Sure!
    Mine are terrible, I cannot pose them without their legs falling off, let alone transform them. Which is a real shame because I thought these would be perfect fiddle material but that won't be the case

I'm now hesitant for the rest of the Micromasters, as much as I like the look of them this set just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe leave them MISB?

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Maybe leave them MISB?
    That doesn't improve them!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I saw these today and the cassettes are tiny. Much smaller than I expected even with the comparison photos above. They look very poor value compared to the Micromasters in their size class.
    These are a very big step up in price since a few years ago. They are very simple, have little parts counts and simple paint. It was only a few years ago we were getting Legion class commanders for 15 to $20 and they were of a high standard in every respect compared to these and the battle masters.
    even the smaller Legion class had higher parts counts and more involved engineering for between $6 and $8. I'd like to get these, but I'll definitely be waiting for mid year sales.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Ravage is pure & utter garbage, with Lazerbeak () being the star of the set.
    As for the Micro's, I've always had a soft spot for the little guys, so I may consider picking them up in the near future.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That doesn't improve them!
    Maybe not, however it stops them from falling to pieces when I look at them.

Got Laserbeak and Ravage from Target, admitedly only for Laserbeak.

Ravage is absolute crap, and is tiny, par the course with all the Ravage toys as of late. He kind of resembles the Bumblebee design, which may have been the source here. Very big thighs/shoulders.

Laserbeak is Laserbeak, and is average. I bought him to have a Cybertronian Laserbeak with the visor eyes, and he does that fine. It’s a bit unfair to expect greatness from a bird that comes from a rectangle based on a specific cartoon appearance to be very intricate or impressive, so he is just fine for his purpose.

Folding out the wings kind of give you a trick of the eye/feel the way they fold, with it feeling like the G1 two-part extending wings even though there is only one piece and one joint.

Mediocre at best, get it if you can justify $20 for a small visored Laserbeak like I did.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I havent got the Decepticons yet but I got the Autobot pair and their joints are even worse than the Wave 1 ones

Also what is their combined weapon mode supposed to be? Stakeout doesn't even have anything remotely resembling blasters in his feet which make up the front of the gun

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Also what is their combined weapon mode supposed to be? Stakeout doesn't even have anything remotely resembling blasters in his feet which make up the front of the gun
    Didn't you read the instructions, it's a Salvage Blaster
    In the grand scheme of transforming weapons I don't see this as being much worse than the crap we saw in the Armada era as well as the of the Prime Trilogy (lookin at you Titan/Prime Masters!)

I picked these guys up yesterday from Big W. Had to pass on a couple with clearly poor paint apps in box.

Overall I like both Red Heat and Stakeout. They're adequately deco'd quite micromastery and scale really well with the likes of Generations Metroplex and TR Trypticon. I havent encountered floppy joint problems like others here but these are the tiniest ball joints I have seen on a transformer so I am not surprised.

But like everyone has said the biggest problem with these guys is the pricing.

Picked up the spy patrol today and I have to say I like them. Laserbeak is kind of nifty fun and Ravage, while looking bad has a nice enough transformation.

It's justa a shame they don't transform into anything. I notice the packagin says they are drone armour. Meh.

By far and away the worst thing with these guys is the price though, I felt ripped off with Roadhandler and Swindler! These guys... YEEEEESH! Words cannot express the shame I feel.
    (But I did really want Laserbeake for some reason). Kinda wish he had his rounded wings from the first epiosde of the cartoon.

Direct-Hit and Power Punch

Comparison with G1...

Better than previous Siege Micromasters but I'm still unconvinced that they're worth the standard asking price for Siege Micromasters.