Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended shelving?

If you need to light up a cave I have been reading about UV blockout sleeves you place over fluro tubes.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I saw this impressive collection the other day. I like the look of the shelves, the long uninterupted line of Transformers. I think that dust-wise I'd want something I can put a lid and door on, but it's quite nice.

One of the things that interested me with that collection was that, apart from the theme groups (Primes, Megatrons, Bumblebees, Starscreams, Devastators etc) everything else is a bit random rather than being strictly "line" assigned. That's pretty uncommon.

I'm thinking to make more room, and to put more on display, I might have a couple of shorter shelves with bots in vehicle mode, a bunch of cars, a bunch of jets. I'd have some shelves will a greater height for some in robot mode, and rotate between the two over time. It is uncommon for TFs to be displayed in the vehicle modes but I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I saw this impressive collection the other day. I like the look of the shelves, the long uninterupted line of Transformers. I think that dust-wise I'd want something I can put a lid and door on, but it's quite nice.

One of the things that interested me with that collection was that, apart from the theme groups (Primes, Megatrons, Bumblebees, Starscreams, Devastators etc) everything else is a bit random rather than being strictly "line" assigned. That's pretty uncommon.

I'm thinking to make more room, and to put more on display, I might have a couple of shorter shelves with bots in vehicle mode, a bunch of cars, a bunch of jets. I'd have some shelves will a greater height for some in robot mode, and rotate between the two over time. It is uncommon for TFs to be displayed in the vehicle modes but I don't see why not.
    Those shelves are great. Especially the ability to change the hight of the shelves if needed.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Pretty Epic shelving, but like you said Paulbot, very dust prone.
    he might hav a filtration system on the room.. maybe.

I often display my transformers in vehicle mode. I quite dislike having them all bunched up together shoulder to shoulder, it makes it too hard to appreciate each one individually without actually removing it from the display.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'm actually making shelves like that right now.
    Not that long, nor for toys though.
    They are quite easy to do.

That collection is amazing.

My collection may only be a tiny, minuscule percentage of the size of that one, but mine is also very random. I collect what I like and that's all.

And I display my few movie figures in vehicle mode because to me they look better that way. And barricade, for example, is mostly seen in the movies in vehicle mode.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    the reason i went with the besta shelving is that its deeper than the billy bookcases which is what i would rather
    I just put some Billy shelves up in my place today for books but I've given it a test run with some TFs. I think you are right about a lack of depth that might not work for a lot of Transformers, but for a more selective/rotating display it could be just right.

Of course if doesn't help that I put Fortress Maximus on the shelf too but I'm happy to finally have that toy on display that I couldn't stop myself.

I just put some Billy shelves up in my place today for books but I've given it a test run with some TFs. I think you are right about a lack of depth that might not work for a lot of Transformers, but for a more selective/rotating display it could be just right.

Of course if doesn't help that I put Fortress Maximus on the shelf too but I'm happy to finally have that toy on display that I couldn't stop myself.

Is that a proper full size Powermaster Optimus prime?!?!??

wow fort max is BIG.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Is that a proper full size Powermaster Optimus prime?!?!??

wow fort max is BIG.
    Yes (technically God Ginrai before anyone picks me up). Fort Max really stands apart from all others. He needs his own cabinet.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yes (technically God Ginrai before anyone picks me up). Fort Max really stands apart from all others. He needs his own cabinet.
    With the re-issue coming, a LOT of people are going to be in this same predicament...