Page 23 of 141 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Photography - From Transformers to Non-Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Result of some boredom... first attempt at photographing toys.

*snip*

It's a father and son kind of moment

I'm not very good at posing my toys, and my voyager Ironhide just likes to fall over all the time.

And a bonus, the Stig.

*snip*
    Holy crap Jena, some excellent shots that certainly attest to your skills as a teacher!
    those Ironhide shots really do look incredible, it's amazing how you've managed to near perfectly match the lighting on Ironhide with that of the background - It really puts an interesting dimension on the shot.

"Some say, that one needs the Hubble Space Telescope in order to fit his Epic-ness in frame & that no source of light is needed due to his self luminosity... All we know, is that he's called Bobblehead Stig!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Thanks dude - have now invested in a tripod, so there will be more to come.
    Ooh...
    I can't believe you've not been using one to date?
    I think someone's shots are soon to elevate to another level!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    "Some say, that one needs the Hubble Space Telescope in order to fit his Epic-ness in frame & that no source of light is needed due to his self luminosity... All we know, is that he's called Bobblehead Stig!"
    LOL! Love it!

Ooh...
    I can't believe you've not been using one to date?
    I think someone's shots are soon to elevate to another level!
    Yep, all free hand up until now - as steady as my hands are, sometimes it gets really hard holding the camera stable on long exposures.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Beautiful pics there Jena - the Ironhide ones would look sensational if they were put into some dynamic action poses.
    Thank you. I need to play around with posing, all my figures just stand around like a bunch of boring old sods.

Holy crap Jena, some excellent shots that certainly attest to your skills as a teacher!
    those Ironhide shots really do look incredible, it's amazing how you've managed to near perfectly match the lighting on Ironhide with that of the background - It really puts an interesting dimension on the shot.

Thank you! I wanted to use a real backdrop, it seemed more realistic since he's a live action movie toy. And I thought the sky behind him looked kinda epic, or something.

Hah, gotta love bobblehead Stig!

Default Subject: Chevy Aveo Swerve

Default Subject: Universe Galvatron

"BREAKTIME"
    Last edited by Deceptic_Optic; 9th August 2011 at 07:36 PM.

@VP: Great poses with Swerve due but his lighting is a little too skewed towards the blue/green spectrum (Or is that what you were going for?), Galvatron's shots look awesome though IMO - Especially that 1st one!
    @Deceptic: Dear Anubis is that an incredibly Anime/Manga subject for a photo! , brilliant shot man but how come the lines are so 'jaggy'?
    (Need to turn your Anti-Aliasing up to 16x dude! )

@Deceptic: Dear Anubis is that an incredibly Anime/Manga subject for a photo! , brilliant shot man but how come the lines are so 'jaggy'?
    (Need to turn your Anti-Aliasing up to 16x dude! )
    fixed now...hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    fixed now...hehehe
    Ahh! - Das Ist Gut!

@VP: Great poses with Swerve due but his lighting is a little too skewed towards the blue/green spectrum (Or is that what you were going for?), Galvatron's shots look awesome though IMO - Especially that 1st one!
    Yeah, I was playing with a new lens/filter combo utilizing the same lighting, kinda makes it all look a bit odd doesn't it?

Not sure if I'll be using the same setup again in the future - not that pleased with the results.

Anyways, here's this evening's pics (especially for you Hursty ):