Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930313646 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    You may not feel that way once you see who wrote it.

I quite liked the art, Panthor's presence and the last two pages, but again there's a distinct lack of Masters imagery or easter eggs for a franchise with such a visually rich history. The writing almost reaches the heights of mediocrity, and it's hilarious that DC got Mike Costa to write a MOTU comic - if he thought Transformers were "not looked upon favourably... in the comic book community," and that we are all "unpleasant", "arrogant" and "hostile" and don't know what we want... MOTU is probably not a good stop on his tour of toy franchises to write fifth-rate stories for.
    I would have imagined that Costa would be more 'mentally' suitable to write MOTU because the characters are actually 'people', not machines. From Costa's 'Goodbye' interview, he apparently couldn't get around the notion of 'Machines as characters' and couldn't relate to the Franchise.

just got this email, should we believe any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector.com
    Please Read: A special message about your MattyCollector.com experience from Digital River.

Dear MattyCollector.com Customers,

The Digital River Team has heard you loud and clear and we would like to openly address the feedback that you have provided regarding your experience on MattyCollector.com.

We realize that there have been some challenges. And we want you to know that we are fully committed to providing you not only with an easier and simpler way to manage your subscriptions to our clubs, but also an improved customer service experience. The good news is that we have already taken steps in this direction, and are planning on making even more enhancements in the coming months. Here's how…

Shorter response times: In fact, customer service response times have been reduced by over 70% during the last few months. And based on the recent feedback from customers, we believe you are seeing the improvements as well!
    Increased emphasis on first call resolution: We've stepped up MattyCollector.com-specific training for our customer service agents so we can address your questions on your first call. This will be an ongoing focus of ours as we realize it is very important to you.
    Easier subscription management: We are pleased to announce that we will be presenting you with a fully tested and certified self-service subscription management feature in late fall of 2012, ensuring that it is fully available for our 2013 subscriptions! What does this mean? You will be able to log in to your account and manage your own subscriptions with ease. Updating your credit card, as well as your billing and shipping addresses will be simple and under your complete control. You also will be able to combine your subscriptions for one monthly shipment. (Of course, if you want to ship your subscription figures separately, you will be able to do that, too!) Our goal is to ensure that you have the tools to easily control your subscriptions via Mattycollector.com.
    Early access exclusively for subscribers: We are presenting our 2013 subscribers with all-new functionality that enables them to buy non-subscription products before they are available to the general public! We believe this will be a huge perk and an absolute bonus for subscription customers.
    Together with Mattel, we are confident that the challenges that you have seen in the past will be just that… a thing of the past. In the meantime, we are looking at new ideas for collecting and addressing your feedback, such as surveys, and we will update you regularly on our progress.

We appreciate all the feedback that you, the fans, have provided and look forward to providing you with the best experience possible.

Regards,
    The Digital River Team
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    just got this email, should we believe any of this?
    Although this is the first time ever that DR has directly acknowledged that there are issues, it is unfortunately the same tired promises we have repeatedly heard from Scott over the years.

It would be good if it is true but given the overall history with the line, I highly doubt it. Right now they are in 'elections' mode in which they will promise the world in order to get people to buy more subs ('votes') but once they get in, they'll forget all about their promises.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Right now they are in 'elections' mode in which they will promise the world in order to get people to buy more subs ('votes') but once they get in, they'll forget all about their promises.
    I think you've summed it up perfectly with this one.
    Even though I've renewed my subby, I can't afford the DHL logistics shipping price (would bring it to nearly $60 per figure, that's if our dollar holds) so I'm gonna have to tempt wait the extra month for the figure to arrive as per usual.
    It is a bit of a bird flip to the international buyers to do this, but business is business, and Toyguru got his Spector..... (this figure still pisses me off).
    On the bright side, I picked up an extra mosquitor and a hurrican hordak the other day (vintage) so because of that, I am enjoying positive humour today Doug.

I got my Tax return. And bought myself a subscription. This should be interesting.

*EDIT* looks like I just made it, too.
    Last edited by Tallestblue; 7th August 2012 at 11:51 PM.

In today's story, Toyguru and Mattel wanted money - lots of money. At first they thought the way to get that money was just to lie back and do nothing, but then they learned the value of something? Do you know what it was? If you said fear mongering, then you'd be right. By pressuring us fans into believing that the Masters Classics line would not continue unless we gave them lots of money up front, Toyguru learned the value of pressure and extortion - something he's now sure to continue for years to come. So if you want money, don't just sit back and do nothing - always scare people into giving it to you. Until next time!

Let's see how long that post lasts: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3096284

A little to the left... a little bit more...

You mean MOTUC actually survived and didn't die?? I am soooo SHOCKED!! So amazing how it was saved at the very last minute... almost as if it were... never in danger

I feel happy that MOTUC will go on for another year but at the same time, I am disappointed. During this whole Sub sales period, Mattel has used dodgy coercion and fear tactics to get fans to subscribe along with the same old tired and unfulfilled promises which fans have once again given in to.

Mattel will do nothing to fix the line's problems and I am sure that the same QC and Customer Service issues will continue onto 2013 despite the cost increases. We will also be getting the same :hmconf::hmroll: Scott chosen/made up characters. Mattel/Scott will not learn from this because they now know that if they do enough fear mongering, they will get people's money without having to actually fix the issues affecting the line.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I feel happy that MOTUC will go on for another year but at the same time, I am disappointed. During this whole Sub sales period, Mattel has used dodgy coercion and fear tactics to get fans to subscribe along with the same old tired and unfulfilled promises which fans have once again given in to.

Mattel will do nothing to fix the line's problems and I am sure that the same QC and Customer Service issues will continue onto 2013 despite the cost increases. We will also be getting the same :hmconf::hmroll: Scott chosen/made up characters. Mattel/Scott will not learn from this because they now know that if they do enough fear mongering, they will get people's money without having to actually fix the issues affecting the line.
    Especially when you've got the following types of comments from some Subscribers:

Yeah it was probably rigged but who cares. We are getting our figures.
    The only thing that it justifies is that despite all the complaining we are still getting our figures. Mattel could come out tomorrow and say we lied and guess what? NO ONE CARES because we are getting our figures.
    Scary stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Especially when you've got the following types of comments from some Subscribers:

Scary stuff!
    Now I understand why a politician can come out and lie repeatedly and still be voted a second term.