Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: model building

Quote Originally Posted by iamirondude View Post
    question for the guys who use airbrushes. i'm gonna buy 1 this week from bunnings($120.i forgot the name of the brand) it's a compressor and all of the the other sort of fittings for other tools and stuff and it comes with 2 airbrushes. my question is do i just throw those 1's away and get a different better brand or are they as good as the big name brands.
    Like others have said just use what you have to practice and get a feel for it. I started off with an Aztek and it is IMHO garbage. Bought an Iwata Ecplise a few months later and never looked back. I picked up a Harder and Steenbeck Infinity along the way but only used it twice. It's a very nice 'brush but the Iwata does it all for me. Here's my most complicated paint job to date. All the gradations were sprayed by hand.

thanks for all the help guys. this helps me out a lot. i plan on doing a few models , tf's and other customs with it, so as i go i hope to get better and that bike's paint job....all i can say is wow. that is stunning.

that thing is beautiful gamblor !!

ok i got these today. can any of you guys post a few pic's on what else i need to get up(plus part names) and running. i'm kinda running blind into this as every place i went to just didn't know anything about what i needed.

my bad... forgot the bloody pic's.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Does the compressor have a air/water trap filter?

yes it does. it's on the opp side of the hose connector.actually no it doesn't. i just re-read the instructions. do i need to get 1?

should be before your hose line so any water is trap before it goes to your airbrush. read the instructions first.
    don't buy yet.

I am unsure how practical this compressor is to be compatible with most hobby airbrushes.

If you check most hobby shops their coupling to the hoses are either 1/8 or 1/4" screw type.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-6HP-Air...item3cc3f90d2b

I have one of these, and I have a set of adaptors to fit my hoses. cost me under $100.

They have water/air trap filter attached just before your hose. and had last me for ages.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I started off with an Aztek and it is IMHO garbage. Bought an Iwata Ecplise a few months later and never looked back.
    I started with an Aztek too, but I found it to be a pretty good all-rounder beginner brush - relatively inexpensive and capable of a wide range of effects from a single nozzle. I've recently picked up an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS too but I'm still getting used to it as it's quite a different feel from the Aztek.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand
    should be before your hose line so any water is trap before it goes to your airbrush.
    Even with a moisture trap on the compressor, I still used to get water into the airbrush. What I suggest is to run a length of hose (~2-3m) with another water trap between your compressor and airbrush (compressor, water trap, hose, water trap, airbrush). The hose will allow the air to cool and the water trap will pick up any further condensation before it gets into your airbrush.