Page 98 of 195 FirstFirst ... 788893949596979899100101102103108118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Just got my HLJ LG shipment from November.

I know Broadside wasn't a great mould in G1 but I'm really underwhelmed by the TR/LG mould. The best thing about the LG version is the body for Repugnus is included to go along with the head of Repugnus I got with my October LG shipment.

EDIT: Also I get the impression Hasbro and Takara are using at least two factories in Vietnam. Some LG items have the internal packaging held together with sticky tape, others use friction.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I know Broadside wasn't a great mould in G1 but I'm really underwhelmed by the TR/LG mould.
    As you've correctly surmised, TR/LG Broadside is held back by being based on a very difficult concept from G1. He's not a great toy but I think he's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    EDIT: Also I get the impression Hasbro and Takara are using at least two factories in Vietnam. Some LG items have the internal packaging held together with sticky tape, others use friction.
    I'd say more likely same factory but different production line, just as they previously had in China. Occasionally you get toys with parts mixed up from their Hasbro and Takara production lines, such as my Universe Hot Shot. It was manufactured on the Hasbro production line but it has one panel from the Takara version! So somehow someone stuffed up and there was a cross contamination between the lines. But it's indicative that both Hasbro and Takara's toys are manufactured in the same factory in order for such cross contaminations to be even possible. I got this toy MOSC too - it came like that!

I just realised...for all that he's a pretty popular character, we've never gotten Legends-sized toy of Wheeljack. Or a few other G1 Ark crew for that matter.

It's the time of the year where I remember that I had planned to work on the Ozformer Awards throughout the year rather than trying to prepare it all in December

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's the time of the year where I remember that I had planned to work on the Ozformer Awards throughout the year rather than trying to prepare it all in December
    It's that time of year when I get excited about the Ozformers awards coming up.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

FatalityPitt Guest

This could just be my wild imagination, but I've been looking at the PotP Voyager Starscream, and the alt-mode nosecone reminds me of Thunderwing's. Come to think of it, Thunderwing was famous for being a Pretender who held the Matrix. PotP has homages to Pretenders (as Prime Masters) and there's Matrixes (that the Prime Masters transform into), so it wouldn't be a surprise to see a new Thunderwing figure.

They could retool Starscream....But the gimmick of the leader class fits Thunderwing better - smaller robot with an alt mode being his inner robot and the combined larger mode being the pretender shell. Alt mode being the shell and inner robot combined mode of the original.

The character was also one of the options in that fan vote for POTP so it's a good chance we might see something.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    They could retool Starscream....But the gimmick of the leader class fits Thunderwing better - smaller robot with an alt mode being his inner robot and the combined larger mode being the pretender shell. Alt mode being the shell and inner robot combined mode of the original.
    That would be cool. So far the only leader class moulds they've announced are the Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime and Optimus Primal ones. They've not hinted at any other leader class figures yet (at least not that I've seen), but never say never. I guess if they did a leader class Thunderwing, the only other character I can think of who they can retool it into is Star Saber - The common elements between them are their alt-modes (Sci-Fi Jets), and them being smaller robots who get bigger by wearing special armour (kinda sorta like Ultra Magnus)

I hope Australia Post is right and the postage system will be back to normal on Jan 2. I really want my MP Sunstreaker ASAP. I don't want to be waiting weeks on it like I did for MP Soundwave, that was a super annoying delay.

I feel like Sunstreaker will be the MP since Soundwave, and Soundwave is still my favourite MP.

Went out looking for some TT toys in the shops. Rather hoping that they didn't adhere to the release date of dec 28th, sadly though it looks like the did.

Considering how this year the 28th of Dec is Thursday, I wonder why they didn't try and bring the release a bit sooner, I did see heaps of people queuing to buy Christmas toys in the shops, but the latest Transformers are the same boring movie designs, or Misfire and Doublecross. (assuming you can actually find Legends figures on the shelves that is).

I sometimes wonder if TT is actually selling the Legends toys, or whether they are just making a lot less.