Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Combiners Booster Packs

Default Rise of the Combiners Booster Packs

Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast have been kind enough to send Ozformers as well as myself: BigAngryTrev.com and Bladestorm: Life with Sprogs full boxes of the new Booster Packs for Rise of the Combiners. These cards are available in Australia as of today!

Griffin has kindly asked if Bladestorm and I could start a news thread about it, since he himself is off covering a toyfair

I'll be inserting some of the pictures I have taken of the new cards. For the full card descriptions and possible impacts on gameplay please check out my blog HERE.

It should be noted that none of us have been paid for our reviews and neither Hasbro nor Wizards of the Coast have tried to dictate the contents of our posts. We are all grateful to both companies for this opportunity

Like Trev, I was fortunate enough to be sent a free box of Rise of the Combiner cards to open too.

I've been posting various cards up on Instagram and Twitter (@ausgeekmum).
    Our box didn't give us enough cards to form a combiner, although we did get Dreadwing and my son was delighted to find Blitzwing. So one thing to keep in mind is even if you buy a whole box you may not get enough cards to complete one combiner set.

I'll be writing a post with my thoughts on the new wave tomorrow after I've been able to sit down and have a couple of games with them.

Once again though the character cards are stunning and the foldable cards are considerably more robust than I anticipated they would be.

The combiner cards and this game have me really interested. Just a shame there appears to be no distributor here in Japan that I know of. Trev, find out for meeeeeee!

Odd considering how much Japan loves card game things.

i Mentioned this on twitter and facebook when i opened a couple of packs i purchased from good games, if you purchase a box you get the Titan Omega Supreme Card Free

this is from good games stores not sure of other stockists.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

That's news... as I don't think it had been mentioned yet that it would be here at all, or where. Looks like its the same as Singapore, who are getting the golden Bumblebee and Omega Supreme cards as free gifts with a box purchase.
    I'd never even heard of them before, and there is one near where I live... so I'll have to check them out.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i Mentioned this on twitter and facebook when i opened a couple of packs i purchased from good games, if you purchase a box you get the Titan Omega Supreme Card Free

this is from good games stores not sure of other stockists.
    Well that answers my question in the other thread :P

Games Empire are shipping a box purchase promo with this set.

Time to go edit my post...

Website has been updated to include the Rise of The Combiners Booster Box Product

https://transformers.hasbro.com/en-a...game/combiners
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Website has been updated to include the Rise of The Combiners Booster Box Product

https://transformers.hasbro.com/en-a...game/combiners
    The TCG mobile app has been updated as well.

Quick question, as I'm still getting the hang of the rules... when it says that you can only have a team that is equal or less than 25 stars, how are you able to play with the Optimus Maximus team, in order to make their combiner, since their total stars equals 46?
    And if you want to use Metroplex, you can't use any others (other than his three bots hidden under him), because he has the maximum 25 stars.
    And why limit it to 25 stars? Why not have an amount that is agreed to by both players (like 10-15 if you want a quick game, or 50 to 100 if you want a longer game that can involve more strategies to make the game more complex and interesting), and that is the limit in that game.

Haven't opened my Combiners set yet, so I can't help you, apologies.

I can confirm that my box of boosters came with Omega Supreme.