Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyber Battalion series toys

Default Cyber Battalion series toys

From a Brazilian retailer product guide comes something that looks like another subline of simpler Transformers toys... but since it is all in Portuguese, details and names are not for sure at this time, so have a look and possibly expect an official announcement by Hasbro during the middle-year convention season.

Something feels really off about this whole thing. The Prime looks like ARID Prime in vehicle mode, but different in robot mode. There are two different Bumblebees, one of which looks like an upscaled and retooled Cyberverse Bumblebee. The Grimlock looks like ARID Grimlock but is the wrong colour. The sizes seem crazy too. 11 inches is huge for a figure with the levels of articulation shows on that Prime and Bumblebee.

I am very suspicious of this, and wonder if the speculation that it's something to do with the simplified Starscream shown at the toy museum recently is correct. If that's the case these could just be product mock-ups of a cancelled toyline whose designs eventually found their way into ARID.

Default Generations "Cyber Battalion" Series

Seibertron has official images of a new line of "simplified" Transformers figures for the Generations line.

Looks like this is where that prototype Starscream from the museum display in the US ended up, and is sorely tempting when he's released.

The other figures in the lineup are also quite basic, similar articulation/design to Legends figures, but a bit larger, seemingly aimed at the younger generation of fans.

Any thoughts/opinions?

These actually look pretty good. I might consider buying some of these, depending how well they scale with Deluxes etc

Images have appeared from Columbia, of toys for this little-known series... now known as "Cyber Battalion Series".

There are five toys revealed so far (Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream), and they all appear to be new moulds.

They look very simple in design and sculpting, which initially made me think that they would be Legends size.... if it weren't for the Starscream prototype that is on display at the Indianapolis Museum at the moment, which looks at least Deluxe size (unless the prototype is enlarged for pre-production purposes).

No idea when these are being released, or where.

(moved two posts from the wrong section into here after I posted above... and their timestamp has slotted them into #3 & #4 spots)

Oh dear grimlock, what have they done to you?
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

The previous toys above were apparently "7 inch" size class, and these are being referred to as the "11 inch" size class... with Optimus and Bumblebee, both having RID-ish forms.

Still no word on where or when these toys are coming out.

I'll be grabbing the 11 inch Prime (oh-er!) if he isn't too dear - loves me a Prime with any kinda trailer

Wasn't there a report of transforming titans that came out of toy fair? Could these be they?

I have to say in light of all the information that's now come to light that my comments above are probably incorrect. I now think it is a real toy line, if a poorly conceived one.