Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Generations Leader Ultra Magnus?

Default Generations Leader Ultra Magnus?

Someone in America who works at Walmart has found in their store's computer system another Generations Leader toy, called Ultra Magnus.

Since it is just a name, with no description or image, there is nothing else yet known about it.
    However, since it is Leader class, it wouldn't be a redeco of the Voyager Optimus toy unless it comes with a bonus trailer or something.
    It could be a new mould, or maybe it's an older toy that is getting the redeco treatment.
    We might have to wait until Toyfair season in Feb-March to find out.

So, next year looks like it could be the year of Ultra Magnus for Hasbro as well as Combiners... because I'd be guessing that the Masterpiece Ultra Magnus would be released by the end of the year by Hasbro as well.

Could be interesting. I would think it was a new mould, but could imagine it being a trailer that turns into armour for the Motormaster/Optimus Voyager mould that uses the combiner ports as the connections.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

That's really awesome. If true, I hope he's very IDW in his style. Minimus Ambus, though unlikely, would be extra cool. Looking forward to it regardless.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I hope it's a MTMTY UM and not an unannounced Leader Optimus they are repainting into UM. With Hasbro's requirement of reusing moulds I'm guessing it's the latter.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I hope it's a MTMTY UM and not an unannounced Leader Optimus they are repainting into UM. With Hasbro's requirement of reusing moulds I'm guessing it's the latter.
    I don't know if they'd go to the trouble of making another leader Optimus when one will already be on the shelves of a similar size. I actually think it's likely to be a unique UM mould.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I don't know if they'd go to the trouble of making another leader Optimus when one will already be on the shelves of a similar size. I actually think it's likely to be a unique UM mould.
    Given the whole Combiner Wars story/toys there could be a good chance that it could be a repaint/retool of the Optimus/Motormaster figure with a trailer which can be equipped by the combiner slots.

I personally hope for an unique mould inline with the IDW version.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    That's really awesome. If true, I hope he's very IDW in his style. Minimus Ambus, though unlikely, would be extra cool. Looking forward to it regardless.
    This ^ please let it be this

I really Hope its Generations/classics friendly, although i do like My Fansproject city commander an official one with less parts forming would be Great

FE Edition OP in white.
    And they'll make up some fluff story about the white truck being Ultra Magnus on his way somewhere when Rusty Optimus scanned him on the highway.

ZIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP?? ?
    Last edited by Sharky; 29th October 2014 at 11:27 AM.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy