Page 52 of 195 FirstFirst ... 324247484950515253545556576272 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

So, how far off are we from being able to do a full-ish IDW Lost Light crew in CHUGUR toy form? S1, S2, both, not taking into account dead/comatose/whatever crew members.
    It has to be getting pretty close by now, and I'm sort of interested in the repaint/retool potential to round out the remaining characters.

Apart from fiction-only characters, pretty much all of the major characters are available in some CHUG form. My gut instinct is that only a couple of minor g1 characters like Mainframe and Jackpot are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Apart from fiction-only characters, pretty much all of the major characters are available in some CHUG form. My gut instinct is that only a couple of minor g1 characters like Mainframe and Jackpot are missing.
    I was thinking the same - Mainframe's the biggest name I could think of. Had forgotten Jackpot (but then I'm using the Club's Animated version for him)

whole crew listing here.

There's a few other names - Crosshairs, Slamdance, Sky High, Pincher, Fizzle, and a bunch of others that are missing, but we're slowly getting the G1 Target Masters redone as Titan Masters, maybe Pretenders coming soon?

I'm surprised we didn't get Thunderclash and the Turbomasters as a combiner team (Battlecore Prime was such an obvious re-deco attempt...)

As for S1/2 cast still missing - Beachcomber is probably the most notable absense. Seaspray too if you don't count the 2010 (?) Voyager and want a Legends class version.

Oh yeah, looking over the list there's a few more characters from 87 onwards on the crew but a lot of them are "one panel cameos" and a fair percentage haven't had dialogue so easy to forget!

I can't find my post on it but we have gotten a CHUG version of every G1 character from the first four years of the toy line except the following.

1984: Bumper, Autoceptor, Deceptor, Kaltor, Drill Type, F-1 Type, Jet Type Camshaft, Downshift, Overdrive, Time Warrior

1985: Seaspray, Topspin, Twin Twist, 4WD Type, Buggy Type, FX-1 Type, Porsche Type, Barrage, Ransack, Venom, Slag/Slug, Sludge, Snarl, Swoop, Omega Supreme

1986: Hubcap, Outback, Runabout, Runamuck, Divebomb, Headstrong, Rampage, Razorclaw, Tantrum, Rodimus Prime (Space Winnebago, not Hot Rod), Spectro, Spyglass, Viewfinder

1987: Chase, Freeway, Goldbug (debateable), Rollbar, Searchlight, Wideload, Battletrap, Flywheels, Fastlane / Cloudraker, Pounce / Windspan, Apeface, Snapdragon, Punch-Counterpunch, Crosshairs, Misfire, Pointblank, Slugslinger, Sureshot, Scorponok, Slugfest, Overkill (debateable), Grotusque, Repugnus, Blot, Cutthroat, Hun-Gurrr (debateable), Rippersnapper, Sinnertwin

This excludes Repurposes and the Titanmaster basic heads.

I think the club's Runabout and Runamuck strike them off the list. If not them then the Japanese repaints of Blackjack do.

And there's a couple of others on the fence... Titanium Rodimus Prime being released alongside other CHUG movie characters in the Platnium line may put him into the "done" pile.

They use Energon toys as a base but you could put Club Scorponok (with Zarak) and Platinum Omega Supreme with the CHUG toys. Maybe the Club's Fallback (Outback) too? The club's Battletrap used a CHUG toy and maybe counts.

I would definitely argue that Club's Punch/Counterpunch is very much a CHUG version.

But it does show how few are "missing".

Brawn and Kickback repaints should knock Outback and Ransack off the list for sure!

I think the club's Runabout and Runamuck strike them off the list. If not them then the Japanese repaints of Blackjack do.

And there's a couple of others on the fence... Titanium Rodimus Prime being released alongside other CHUG movie characters in the Platnium line may put him into the "done" pile.

They use Energon toys as a base but you could put Club Scorponok (with Zarak) and Platinum Omega Supreme with the CHUG toys. Maybe the Club's Fallback (Outback) too? The club's Battletrap used a CHUG toy and maybe counts.

I would definitely argue that Club's Punch/Counterpunch is very much a CHUG version.

But it does show how few are "missing".

Brawn and Kickback repaints should knock Outback and Ransack off the list for sure!
    Timelines and Adventure are not CHUG. I didn't know about a rerelease of Rodiums, but you really want that abomination of a figure to represent Rodimus?

FatalityPitt Guest

For a minute there I was about to say Ransack would be more appropriate as a Powerglide repaint, then I realised you were refering to the insecticon, not the G2 Rotor Force Decepticon.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ransack_(G2)

A package arrived for me from Hong Kong today and I genuinely had no idea what it was. I was thinking through my pre orders and it still took an hour later to hit me. This has never happened to me before, a sure sign that I've gotten a little carried away with the collecting this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up getting a classics verse Star Saber out of the TR Leader Black/Sky Shadow mould