Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: CHECK or REMOVE your old BATTERIES

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    There is an MP grimlock with batteries? what does it do?
    It has a fixed hand with an led so when you peg the sword in it lights up. Not sure if the gun does aswell

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yes...

US MP Grimlock - 2xLR44 I

That means that it has two button batteries, and they were included with the toy.
    Sweet so dont have to open it then, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    It has a fixed hand with an led so when you peg the sword in it lights up. Not sure if the gun does aswell

So its the weapons that contain batteries?

I ask as I have an MP grim, but I got it loose with no weapons years ago. Never saw any chamber on his hand for batteries?

If it is inside the HAND... and not the weapon - please clarify as I remove all batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by nsm034 View Post
    Sweet so dont have to open it then, cheers

Um, batteries still leak inside or outside of anything with time. Even ones that have never been used. Some brands are worse than others.

These were all clean when I put them in there like six months ago. they removed the battery bin from our shops and now there is nowhere to take them that is less than 10km away.
    And no 9for anyone who follows this thread *please don't throw them in the trash* - it's caustic/chemical waste and should not go in the bin. They have special bins in most shires (locations listed online by suburb/postcode on your local council website) or otherwise keep in a seperate container and take to the local dump once or twice a year (where they will have a special spot, not just chucking them in with everything). I keep my ones in an old coffee glass jar. I don't WANT to keep them, but yeah stupid things keep happening here like the battery bin going away.

IKEA and Officeworks also accept certain battery types for recycling.

Battery World is a chain so might be in other states... but that's where I drop off all my dead batteries (I put them in a double plastic bags and drop them off every few years, along with other batteries like camera, phone and computer).

On topic, I'm not sure how I missed them, but tonight I found (button cell) batteries in one of my "Armada" Unicrons... and they had both leaked. Hopefully they didn't corrode the electronics too much.

Battery World is a chain so might be in other states... but that's where I drop off all my dead batteries (I put them in a double plastic bags and drop them off every few years, along with other batteries like camera, phone and computer).

On topic, I'm not sure how I missed them, but tonight I found (button cell) batteries in one of my "Armada" Unicrons... and they had both leaked. Hopefully they didn't corrode the electronics too much.
    I'm in QLD as well and our Battery World gives almost all of their battery recycling money to local charity, but I do drop them off at Officeworks as well due to location.
    Umm Griff, his hand and eyes light up, that's not magic ...although your post did make me go check mine which I have had since new, lucky for me his eyes and hand still work.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I'll try office works, I know they have computer crap you can drop off there, as the other two places you guys mentioned (if we have them) are like 50km away here but we have O.W. like 10km away.

Still trying to find out how to open up my power surge RID optimus prime. CAn't find anything online for it at all for how to get the batteries out, of find the chamber itself even after dismantling the top half of the toy (removing screws etc).

-
    On the plus side I found the MP Grimlock battery chamber just now. It's not on the hand or the sword.

It's in the shoulder (or dino mode hip). I googled it and someone had a scan of the official instructions which I have screen capped below for anyone else to find useful.

I had no idea he had batteries before as I got a loose second hand one with no accessories etc.
    I got the chamber open just now and yep, corrosion ahoy. But luckily it had kind of congealed into itself and the battery chamber was fine. Thanks guys. Compartment is super tight, I used a little flat edged wedge to slide them up, then pliers to pull them out as they would not budge.

Last edited by Batfan007; 22nd April 2021 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    Still trying to find out how to open up my power surge RID optimus prime. CAn't find anything online for it at all for how to get the batteries out, of find the chamber itself even after dismantling the top half of the toy (removing screws etc).
    Answered in the other topic - http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/12126

I don't understand your post sorry.

I checked the link you posted

This tells me the toy that has batteries.... has batteries.

Nothing about how/where to remove them?
    I'm still looking.