Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A third Masterpiece Gen1 Optimus coming?

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Are there actually any proper pics of this new Prime, or is it all conjecture and sarcasm?

A new Prime was inevitable, it's like printing money for Takara, and they get 5+ years of reapaints as well.
    We have magazine teases so far. We won't see a proper reveal until an event like Tokyo Toy Show in June or WonFes in July

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Are there actually any proper pics of this new Prime, or is it all conjecture and sarcasm?

A new Prime was inevitable, it's like printing money for Takara, and they get 5+ years of reapaints as well.
    Can you imagine a true seeker 2.0

I'll quit this line in an instant, I just want my hasbro deco'd skywarp mp11 already

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    We have magazine teases so far. We won't see a proper reveal until an event like Tokyo Toy Show in June or WonFes in July
    probably wait till then before commenting on proper feelings. I always feel they will miss something out. I hope they dont review that crouch screw, is like mistake being missed again and again especially if it is transparent yellow pieces over it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Rumours are going around for a MP Optimus Prime 3.0.

How many versions does Takara expect us to buy? I already have 20th Anniversary, MP2, MP4, MP10 and MP10b.
    far more from a completed set.
    MP-1
    MP-1L
    MP-1 Gold
    MP-10a
    MP-10r
    MP-10k
    Mp-711

Quote Originally Posted by micfox001 View Post
    far more from a completed set.
    MP-1
    MP-1L
    MP-1 Gold
    MP-10a
    MP-10r
    MP-10k
    Mp-711
    Don't forget MP-4 lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Don't forget MP-4 lol
    There’s also Mp-1b and Mp-4s and hasbro yoth, was eva mentioned? And also the not long ago announced mp-10G. While I agree they should be making other characters no one is making anyone buy these re-do’s re-paints.

It would be nice tho if they used these money grabs to fund new character moulds as I feel that is the way forward for collectors

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Without comparison shots, coloured model, etc. I’m not jumping to any conclusions just yet.
    And yet the lines on the parts of the torso and one of the legs they have teased us with, strongly suggest that 3.0 is miles ahead of both 1.0 and 2.0.

Check the out page 5 with the teaser images - what is shown speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    It would be nice tho if they used these money grabs to fund new character moulds as I feel that is the way forward for collectors
    As much as my wallet is going to hate me saying this, this 3.0 release is necessary from a cartoon accuracy perspective. Don't get me wrong, MP-01 and MP-10 are magnificently designed figures, but they're not cartoon accurate - even MP-10, which was supposedly to herald in the new 2.0 soft reboot, failed to be cartoon accurate. The biggest problem has been the torso and legs on both figures, with neither being a definitive, animation model accurate Prime.

But them look at how much time has passed even between MP-10 and this v3.0. It'll be what? 7+ years between releases? If you don't think that's significant, consider the complexity difference between Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. Furthermore hasn't everyone generally felt that MP-10 immediately looks outdated and inferiorly engineered compared to MP-36?

Even what we've seen on this teaser tells us that this is a world apart from what came before. Take a good look at the panel lines and alignment on what is shown on the chest. Take a good look at that leg, where the wheels clearly invert and live inside the lower leg in robot mode. This is on a whole other level. There might not be much of the figure they've revealed, but what they have shown tells us all everything we need to know about the engineering of the figure.

Certainly the bean counters at Takara would have been rubbing their hands with glee here at milking more money out of fans with a shiny all new Convoy/Optimus Prime figure. However I don't believe for one minute that it's why the engineering and design teams did this. I genuinely believe the reason they did this was because they saw just how dated MP-10 was compared to MP-36, just what they were capable of these days with over half a decade and close to 30 MPs more experience and design advancements, and decided to close the gap.

Is a version 4.0 possible? Sure. However if the teasers are anything to go by, it's going to be really hard to justify to anyone.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Bape collectors will go crazy when they reboot in this design. Lol

I can barely see any difference at least with the snippet of the chest and arm pic. How is that miles ahead? What am I missing

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I can barely see any difference at least with the snippet of the chest and arm pic. How is that miles ahead? What am I missing
    A) the lines and shape on the chest, and;
    B) that's not an arm, it's a leg.