Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Megatron

The prices of MPs have gone from a steal in the days before Takara and Tomy merged. Too what I think was completely reasonable for many years. However now these prices feel completely unreasonable.

I was willing to buy Dinobot as a one off high priced MP at the $275 that TLTC has him. However now that it's clear TT are going to continue these insane prices I'm going to reevaluate if I'm even going to continue with the MP line at all. (I was already going to stop G1 MPs with the exception of characters like Jazz, Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge I have massive affinity for.)

Thanks TT! Put in useless features like a voice chip on an already expensive figure!

You just get that feeling they're testing the waters to see if they can charge the same price (or more) for Prime V3.

That price reveal is a real shame. I wasn't particularly expecting him to be affordable, but I can't imagine how many people at all can justify a price like that.
    And that voice chip... wasteful. The first thing I do with any electronic figure is ditch the batteries. Get rid of it and drop the price by $50. Geez.

Funny that people are openly advocating for the inevitable KO

i saw the price at bbts...i couldn't believe it! then i came here and now i'm shocked to the core!

So if u want 1, it's going to cost:
    35,000 - 20% = 28000
    + GST = 30800
    shipping = ~lets say 3000 yen cos he's big = 33800
    exchange rate = lets say we're at 80 yen mastercard rate = 422.5!!!
    $422.50 for a transformer! No diecast!
    This is more than chogokin/macross/hot toys pricing!?

I can see dinobot is back in stock at hlj...preorder cancel in response to megatron price reveal?

I'll probably preorder and CANCEL if it doesn't sell out
    Last edited by yoshi594; 4th July 2018 at 08:14 AM.

Yeah, much like you guys there's not a chance I can drop that much dosh on Megatron. Not to mention the whole stupid GST thing, Masterpieces are becoming more and more prohibitive to continue.

I suppose I should thank them because I really need to wind down my collection due to space reasons. Maybe I can save my money on the inevitable BW Grimlock re-tool for Dinobot instead.

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that none of the Beast Wars MPs (Optimus and Cheetor) have been KO'ed yet?

Beast Wars Megatron was and still is my favourite TF character alongside the original G1 Optimus so I am really torn here. I was about to drop cash on Dinobot because Megs was coming out, but now I feel like I should really just get one or the other -> or get neither because the money could be better spent elsewhere.

bowspearer Guest

¥35,000?!?!?! Are you f***ing kidding me?!?!?!?! I could get it with the insane amounts of engineering on Dinobot, but given that there is far less engineering on Megatron, there is no reason it should be anywhere near that amount!

I think I'll sit this one out until it goes on sale at HLJ after shelfwarming.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    ¥35,000?!?!?! Are you f***ing kidding me?!?!?!?! I could get it with the insane amounts of engineering on Dinobot, but given that there is far less engineering on Megatron, there is no reason it should be anywhere near that amount!

I think I'll sit this one out until it goes on sale at HLJ after shelfwarming.
    I'm a bit conflicted here. I don't want this to shelf-warm because I want Takara to succeed and go back to the days where they released different versions to Hasbro however at the same time I don't want to continue to see increasingly ridiculous prices in the Masterpiece line. I suppose only time will tell what happens.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    I'm a bit conflicted here. I don't want this to shelf-warm because I want Takara to succeed and go back to the days where they released different versions to Hasbro however at the same time I don't want to continue to see increasingly ridiculous prices in the Masterpiece line. I suppose only time will tell what happens.
    I'm not too sure it would. I think if the other MPs do well - particularly the BW ones - but Megatron shelfwarms but then rushes off the shelves at a sale price, you'd have to be pretty wilfully blind to fail to see that the price-point was the sore spot.