Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doritos Transformers competition 23/6-2/9

This week at Woolies, Doritos are less than half price, at $1.50 each... so a good time to buy up a few packs to put away (the current batch don't "expire" until November) and enter the competition.
    Just keep it to 3 per day, and one entry per pack... and keep all your packs until the competition ends, in case you win the big prize and they need proof later of all your entries.

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    I missed a call from the competition people after I entered I wonder what that's all about
    Did they email you or call you back?

I take it that no one here has won any of the daily prizes yet?
    (not that a cooler is as exiting as a box full of toys like the last time we had a daily prize competition... so it doesn't sound like there are many people here entering)

Default Doritos Transformers competition 23/6-2/9

Griffin I've entered 3 times... nothing yet

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Did they email you or call you back?

I take it that no one here has won any of the daily prizes yet?
    (not that a cooler is as exiting as a box full of toys like the last time we had a daily prize competition... so it doesn't sound like there are many people here entering)
    no i never heard back
    I've entered a few times too

so far I had entered once... will shoot more.

Default Won a Daily Prize

Yippee I won a Transformers Cooler Box, Ice-Age of Extinction, think I'll call it Icepick... blah, that's enough of that...

I seem to do quite well with the competitions, won the PC Game & a Lenticular Poster for Movie 1, a Bluray copy of RotF (Movie only), and a Lenticular Transformers backpack, Activity Pack, Leader Ironhide and Deluxe Skids, Air Raid, Jolt & Ratchet for DotM.

So I entered five times and I got a call today from someone at Doritos confirming that I won a daily prize. You or a family member have to answer the phone in order to win, otherwise they call the next person. They then send you an email and you have to reply sending a photo of as many packs as you've made entries, in my case five packs, otherwise your entry becomes ineligible.

So if you've only got one to three packs and you've been using it/them to enter every day, be ready to run out to the store to buy as many packs as you've made entries, if you win on day 70, that's 70 packs if you entered each day of the competition, though I suspect they'd let it slide as long as you have more than 15 in shot, no-ones gonna waste their time trying to count seventy.

Guess I'll be having homemade TexMex Chilli-Beef 'n Beans once or twice in the next few weeks...
    'The Spark's Willing, but the Metal's Fatigued'
    Ghost of Starscream

Pfft. Sounds like a lot of effort just to win a cooler pack.
    But congrats to you!

Still another month left on this competition, and after a couple weeks of full-price Doritos at both major grocery stores, they are on sale this week at both... for anyone still wanting to submit entries for that grand prize (or the daily prize of the cooler).

Coles - half price at $1.60 each.
    Woolies - $2.50 (save about a $1).

Your odds might be better for the daily prize at this back end of the competition, if people have lost interest in entering after the hype of the movie ended.
    (also, since the wording of the competition doesn't say that you need marked packs, if the stores start stocking regular packs soon, they should be still valid)

I've had an empty pack next to my computer for over 2 weeks now, I still haven't entered.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I went to Coles this afternoon to buy a couple more packs, and most had no Transformers on them... so the last couple weeks shouldn't have many people entering for the daily prizes, as the Transformers packs would be out of circulation by then.