Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 20% off toys on eBay - 20 July 2014

I had a half hearted look at 11pm but figured any good bargains on things i am looking for would be bought up by then.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Managed to snag a G1 Soundwave with box, and G2 MOSC Vortex during the sale. Got a nice discount on them both too

I wouldn't expect eBay are doing this specifically to compete with retail stores; they're doing different things every Sunday it seems. They may have an eye on what the the retail stores are up to & decide what specials to run each week; of course.

I'd be more inclined to say they're trying to drum up business. Given that eBay is covering the 20% (or whatever the discount is for the given promo) I expect it's more about raising awareness of eBay's brand or bringing eBayers who rarely use the site onto the site & getting them more active.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I wouldn't expect eBay are doing this specifically to compete with retail stores; they're doing different things every Sunday it seems. They may have an eye on what the the retail stores are up to & decide what specials to run each week; of course.

I'd be more inclined to say they're trying to drum up business. Given that eBay is covering the 20% (or whatever the discount is for the given promo) I expect it's more about raising awareness of eBay's brand or bringing eBayers who rarely use the site onto the site & getting them more active.
    More to that it encourages sellers to list more items, or perhaps sellers who weren't previously on ebay to sign up. Judging by the quantity of stuff I've observed that was previously 'baywarming' getting moved, I'd say sellers are singing praises for ebay.

I think this promotion is in part a way to get people to think of eBay as an online store and place to shop (find items, put in cart, checkout) rather than just bid on things.

Well with all things put in perspective I think it was a win win and win for everyone. Buyer, seller and eBay. So everyone's happy hooray

Megatran Guest

Apart from Tropisetron, did anyone else get a satisfactory outcome from eBay with regard to paying full price?

Got the first of my eBay wins today and pumped at the price I got for them

$90AUD for the vintage recolour of Unique Toys Mania King! Woot!

Would love for eBay to do a few more rounds of this a year.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Got the first of my eBay wins today and pumped at the price I got for them

$90AUD for the vintage recolour of Unique Toys Mania King! Woot!

Would love for eBay to do a few more rounds of this a year.
    wow very nice! i got the original dark purple one for $87 a month ago, absolutely love him!

is yours the light up LED cannon version?

1 of mine arrived yesterday, fairly bloody chuffed with him too!
    (1 tentacle broke, but meh - not to worry )

Quote Originally Posted by Barrel05 View Post
    I got Optikk myself. Hey are u a subber cause if not i can hook you up with any early access stuff
    Oooh! - You lucky bugger, I'm actually after an Optikk too!
    Thanks for the offer as well man, but I've got a mate who's already looking after me.