View Poll Results: Combiner Wars Smokescreen - worth getting?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • This Smokescreen is smokin! Hells yeah!

4 33.33%
  • Only if cheap

2 16.67%
  • Only if...

1 8.33%
  • Na

3 25.00%
  • Disappear into the smoke you horrible figure!

2 16.67%

Thread: Toy Review - CW Smokescreen

Default Toy Review - CW Smokescreen

SMOKESCREEN
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of, well, lots of’em
    Wave – Wave 2, 2016
    Released here - not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $28
    Approximate Size – 16cm
    Allegiance – Autobot
    Alt-mode – Sports Car
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Can combine with others to form Sky Reign
    Main Colours – White, Blue, Red
    Main Accessories – Shotgun, hand/foot

Robot Mode
    Lovely colours, but one of the boxiest Smokescreens we’ve had in years. No particularly sleek lines and no doors coming off the shoulders. Legs and arms fairly poseable. Nice forehead fins in yellow, a bit too blue in the legs.

Vehicle Mode
    Very nice indeed! Well proportioned, good paintjob, 38’s on the doors and hood - overall very Smokescreen’esque.

Transformation
    When I took him out of the pack I promptly gave him to a mate who had never touched a CW toy before to see how he would go. Did it easily without the instructions.

Overall
    Smokescreen due to his great paintjob is perhaps the best of this particular wave of CW Deluxes depending on your proclivities. His robot mode is fairly uninspired due to conforming to the CW moulds but it’s a very nice vehicle. If just after a Smokescreen toy we’ve had some great ones over the past few years (MP, TFPrime, Generations – hell even Alternators before that!) so I’d go with one of those. If you like to collect multiples of G1 characters or intend to make Sky Reign then he is worth grabbing.

I agree with your comments about preferring the earlier versions of Smokescreen, I've got the Universe version and that's enough for me - the colours on this guy are just a little too bright from what I've seen and is lacking his signature door "wings" that define him for me

As I've already got this character (well, and the whole damn wave) in other forms, I've skipped him.

Having said that, the mould is still one of the better CW car modes, and is really quite solid, but for me, Streetwise is enough.

I voted "if only..." you didn't already have him in another form.