View Poll Results: Unite Warriors Groove - worth getting?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • He looks awesome! Hells yeah!

2 25.00%
  • Only if released on his own

2 25.00%
  • Only if UW Defensor drops in price

0 0%
  • Na

2 25.00%
  • Really not worth the cash to get this guy

2 25.00%

Thread: Toy Review - UW Groove

Default Toy Review - UW Groove

Groove
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line – Unite Warriors
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – New
    Released here - No
    Approximate Retail Price – only available as part of UW Defensor so about $50
    Approximate Size – 14cm
    Allegiance – Protectobot
    Alt-mode – Police Motorcycle
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Can combine with others to Defensor
    Main Colours – Black White, Gold
    Main Accessories – 2 blasters, Cannon/foot

Robot Mode

A beautiful looking Groove. In fact – Best. Groove. Ever. Beats the crap out of the Universe, AKD and CW versions easily. Colours and head sculpt dead on!

Vehicle Mode
    I’ll repeat myself – Best. Groove. Ever. A really beautiful police motorcycle. Everything from the proportions of it to the translucent emergency lights is just great!

Transformation
    While using the basic premises that have permiated the CW/UW toylines, there is a bit of difference here as he needs to turn into a motorcycle so in that respect a refreshing change. Still pretty straight forward.

Overall
    I really like my CW Groove and I think the proportions of him compared to his teammates makes a lot of sense, I also really like how he becomes chest armor and I think Defensor looks plain without it. However for a Groove on its own this can simply not be beat! I’ll be having my CW Protectobots as Defensor (I don’t mind its not truly G1 accurate) and having my UW ones as individual bots. Recommended if you are a die hard G1 fan or cant stand Defensor being different and want his leg to look like the G1 incarnation.

They did a marvellous job on this guy but I have no real attachment to Groove (on his own) and as such I find the robot mode pretty plain looking. Still, as a motorcycle or leg this guy rocks!

Trev: I have not seen the silver guns sticking out like that in bike mode before, you do know they can sit flush beside the rear wheel?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I really love Groove as a character, but I'm happy enough with my Hasbro one. But I am really looking forward to getting this base mould as CW Afterburner. And as a fan of the character, I find it somewhat ironic that he comes with a pair of huge guns. Unless they're stun guns. And a pair of Gatling nerf cannons.

They probably fire sunflowers and lentil soup.

Really hoping that Hasbro release this & Blast Off. Nice work Trev!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Nice Review Trev.

I'm very happy with mine but I only got the UW Defensor set. I couldn't justify doubling up the rest of the figures.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

^Did you mean CW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    They probably fire sunflowers and lentil soup.
    Heheh. If I had this toy I would imagine the guns firing either something like immobilising goop, maybe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ^Did you mean CW?

Heheh. If I had this toy I would imagine the guns firing either something like immobilising goop, maybe like this.
    I think he meant he only got the UW box set, not the CW single releases as well.

I'd imagine Groove would fire some sort of electro-stun type weapon, kind of like the immobilisers used in the original IDW ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Nice Review Trev.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Really hoping that Hasbro release this & Blast Off. Nice work Trev!
    Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post

Trev: I have not seen the silver guns sticking out like that in bike mode before, you do know they can sit flush beside the rear wheel?
    They can indeed which makes the lights stick up which actually looks pretty good. Only thing is it makes him look like he's gonna shoot himself in the engine block

Took some pics yonks ago for a review of this guy but then got too lazy to create a thread. Cheers Trev!

Sadly bot mode is his weakest mode, not to say it sucks because it easily beats many of the other CW bot modes. They went a bit too yellow for the face for my liking and the bronze paint apps somehow come off as a little cheap and incomplete.

His strongest mode is actually as a combiner limb! The front end of the bike is a piece of art and he's properly proportioned and solid enough to be a convincing leg. I'd say he's the best combiner limb so far.