View Poll Results: Is Sky Shadow worth getting?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh yes he is in deed worth getting

15 55.56%
  • Yeah maybe, only if I can get him cheap

5 18.52%
  • Possibly, I'll have to think about it

0 0%
  • I'm gonna skip him and get Overlord instead

5 18.52%
  • Nah, don't really like him at all

1 3.70%
  • Nope, have little to no interest in him.

1 3.70%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Sky Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I would actually consider getting a Dai Atlas redeco of this mould!
    I'd be up for a Dai Atlas remold, if it was done well.

I really like the duocons reference as well & makes more sense to me now why the TM Skytread (Flywheels's head) was released so I stuck him in Sky Shadows tank. He looks a lot like Flywheels when the jet is connected to the tank even though he's obviously based on Overlord.

Makes me wonder what other base modes Hasbro is planning for the extension of Cybertron City.

I picked up Sky Shadow the other week and very impressed with him. I wasn't planning on getting any thing from Titan's Returns however I relented on Alpha Trion and found him far too fun and then soon purchased Clobber (because Grimlock) and had been eyeing Sky Shadow because he's the best looking Leader in my opinion.

He has a very simple transformation all through however like Alpha Trion, the various modes and Headmaster gimmick increases the 'fun' and 'playability' so much. I don't have the funds for it however I'm really eyeing more and more figures for them to go together.

Also the ankles on this guy is magical, they really REALLY impressed me.

bowspearer Guest

Just picked the guy up today and while he's decent for the most part (although seriously Hasbro, would it kill you to throw a lick of paint on the Titanmaster robot modes- it's getting way beyond old at this point), there is one niggle and one missed opportunity.

Most of the figure is pretty solid, feeling like a Duocon upgrade of Black Shadow.

However there are two areas where this toy has been let down by the design process.

The first is the tank. For whatever reason there are two gaping holes along the sides where you can clearly see the robot mode legs. Some false panels here really wouldn't have gone astray.

The second is a disappointing missed opportunity. One interesting thing about this figure is that much like the Generations homage, there is a drone which attaches to the front of the jet mode to simulate the combined vehicle mode of the original G1 toy.

While this drone is nice as a mini-jet which a Titanmaster can pilot in robot model, that being the limit of a Titanmaster's interaction with it is a disappointing departure from the norm when it comes to titanmaster vehicles in this line. The thing about this line is that Hasbro went out of their way to allow Titanmasters to merge with their vehicles, yet in this case they didn't. Had they simply put a Titanmaster head sized and shaped hole in the front of the seat and a Titanmaster leg slit sized and shaped hole in the back of the seat, then it would have been possible to 'merge' the Titanmaster with the drone, which would have been quite a nice homage to the Mega Pretenders.

Still, even with these niggles, he's a credible offering and worth checking out- just don't expect perfection by any means.

After messing around with Overlord and finding her quite enjoyable, I decided I would get this guy as well.

I held off on getting Sky Shadow, as I thought I would be disappointed by Overlord if I got this one first. Odd hey? I have more of a character connection to OL than SH. Luckily though I found OL to be an excellent figure that I really liked ( a lot more than I thought I would) and so I though I'd nab this guy as well.

SH is also pretty damn fine. He has a great presence among the other toys and aside from them having the same legs, I find it pretty hard to see the similarities between him and OL. Aside from the Transformation schematic of course.

Base mode is great, I'd actually say better than OL's. I find OL's a little lacking on mass IMO, but SH manages to make up for it with clever wing usage.

The face sculpt is great as is the helmet shape. Very nice indeed. Good pose options, glorious ankle abilities and a cool looking jet mode too.

This is my first actual Titan Returns figure (having gotten the Legends versions so far) and I can say, yeeesh. Pain those heads hasbro. I'm sure I would find Ominus a bit more endearing IF he had something to let me see some detail on him. Seriously, Ominus takes the whole Black Shadow thing too far...

Overall, I think this is an excellent figure. Not a must buy, unless you like the homage or cool looking robots but if you want a good toy for a bit of play, I think he'll fit the bill nicely. And you happen to have the bucs floating around. I got mine from amazon