View Poll Results: GEN Goldfire - Worth buying?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 33.33%
  • Only if cheap

5 27.78%
  • Only if (other)

3 16.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

4 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Goldfire

Default Toy Review - Generations Goldfire

Series - Generations
    Sub-line – Thrilling 30
    Wave - Wave 1 2014
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of new Generations Bumblebee
    Released here – Not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $25-30
    Approximate Size – 13.5cm
    Allegiance – Autobot
    Alt-mode – Muscle car
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Guns can attach to vehicle mode and combine for robot weapon
    Main Colours – gold, blue
    Main Accessories – exclusive reprint of IDW Robots In Disguise #18, combinable guns

A better toy than I expected with some rather interesting elements in the design/transformation. I'm not a big fan of the transparent "petals" that protrude from the barrels of the guns, but the guns themselves are well designed, especially in their ability to function as individual or combined weapons for the vehicle and robot modes respectively. My main gripe with this toy are the lower legs which don't appear to be able to lock into position. Mine also has a QC issue with the windscreen/roof panel on the right side where it doesn't sit flush. Overall the design of this toy is quite good, however it could've been better with a slight improvement to the lower legs. It's one of the better post 2011 Deluxes I've seen in a while.

-------------------------------------------
    PS: Stock images:
    http://www.seibertron.com/images/eve...re%20Robot.jpg
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1372532734.jpg
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 8th January 2014 at 12:21 AM.

I don't mind him, despite the IDW universe conflict he will serve as my Generations 'Goldbug' as the colour scheme, head and faceplate are spot on for this character

Yeah same. He's Classicsverse Goldbug in the Gokiverse. This toy reminds me a lot of the Lawson exclusive Movie Bumblebee toy (who is Movie Goldbug in the Gokiverse ). I should take a side by side photo of the two of them some time. In the meantime, here's a comparison pic w/ the regular TF1 Moofie Bumblebee.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    P.S.: Here ya go.

Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 8th January 2014 at 12:19 AM.

Very similar transformation to RTS Windcharger. If you don't like the petals on the gun, they should be able to be removed if you take out the screw that holds them on. At least that's what I did with Bumblebee.

Only worth a purchase if you like the gold paint over the normal yellow.

Good car toy, but nothing special that you have not seen before with numerous other autobot cars.

Plastic feels flimsy and many joints are loose, just like the original. The weakest figure of the 2nd and third waves.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

He's in my POL waiting to be sent. I think he was $10, thats cheap enough for me. I wouldn't pay $25 to buy him locally if he gets a local release.

Waiting for mine to arrive, along with Waspinator and Skids. Is the gold quite vibrant, or more dull?

More dull. The gold on Lawson movie Bumblebee is more vibrant -- see comparison pics above (post #3)

Now that I have him in hand I actually prefer the paint and plastic colours and quality over the original Bumblebee version of the mold. It seems more uniform, especially the door panels. I'm glad GPS is a thing of that past so I don't have to worry about breaking him.

Received this fella the other day with Skids and Waspinator. Though, I do admit, while ordering Skids and Waspinator, I thought "I don't have a BB, why not?"
    So I ordered this guy as more of an afterthought.

However, getting this figure in hand, I love it. The gold is just right for me (metallic usually doesn't do anything for me) and the blue is just right, not too bright, not too dull. Works well with the gold.

This has become my second favorite toy in the wave, only short of Waspinator, who also is fantastic. Only nitpick I have is that the chest sometimes can't stay flush in the bottom, obscuring his headsculpt, which is a shame, as I love the headsculpt.

Recommendation from me, this guy is a good goldbug for your classics collection and superior to the Bumblebee version of the mould, IMO.